CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Spirit to Mexico (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370580-carnival-spirit-mexico.html)

blueliner January 7th, 2010 09:20 PM

Carnival Spirit to Mexico

So I'm seriously considering booking my 2nd Carnival cruise on the Carnival Spirit to Mexico in November 2010. Anybody been on this cruise or ship? Not very good reviews in the "Readers Reviews" section. I'm interested in this cruise because it stops at 3 stops in Mexico I've never been to before; Acapulco, Ixtapa and Manzanillo.

travelgalSue January 8th, 2010 05:47 AM

I have not been on this cruise but did sail on the Spirit in Alaska. We loved the ship. Had no trouble finding our way on this one. Food was all good, rooms nice (we had a balcony), staff was very friendly so a good cruise was had. We liked the size so much that we are booked on the sister ship, Legend, sailing in 2 wks.

kelzbelz77 January 8th, 2010 09:52 AM

They had a one 9 day cruise to those ports and Puerto Vallarta in 2008 and we just loved it!!! Manzanillo was so beautiful and uninhabited and we had such a blast. I am going to book the 4 day on this ship to Cabo for this October. You will love it. I want to do this one again but Carnival had to go back to Aruba so I had to book that one!! Hope you will go you will have a blast!!

zydecocruiser January 8th, 2010 11:39 AM

Haven't been on that itinerary, but love Carnival Spirit. Here are pictures from our Alaska cruise last year:
Carnival Spirit - Northbound Alaska - May 27-Jun 3, 2009 - Main

and we will be going on Carnival Spirit to Hawaii in a few months.

Paul Motter January 8th, 2010 12:15 PM

This is my top pick for a Mexican cruise - Carnival Spirit is an excellent ship - smaller than average for Carnival but still new. Less crowded but the same great Carnival fun & food.

The itinerary is the best - Acapulco is a very interesting city. Personally, I like to take a taxi out to the Princess Hotel on the beach outside the bay. The swimming is excellent and the grounds are beautiful. It is where Howard Hughes was living when he died. There are beautiful pools with swim-up bars, peacocks, restaurants... and the beach has bathwater but with big waves like you see in san Diego - Pacific waves, not Caribbean ripples.

This ship/itinerary was three times the cost a few years ago.

cherylroy January 8th, 2010 10:07 PM

Thinking of booking the same cruise!!! I have been on the Spirit twice with Alaska - wish for a different ship, but want these ports............had NO PROBLEM with the ship either time! LOVED it!!

Roscoe January 9th, 2010 11:43 PM

I'm going on the Spirit and the exact itinerary you are looking at in less than a month from now. I'll let you know when I get back, but all my research has been positive.:cool:

blueliner January 9th, 2010 11:48 PM

I'll be booking this cruise soon, probably this week some time. So I'll have a Royal Caribbean cruise to Europe and a Carnival cruise to Mexico within about a month of each other.

blueliner January 15th, 2010 11:33 AM

Allright, I booked the Carnival Spirit to the Mexican Riviera today! So it is done, I now have 2 cruises to look forward to this fall!.

sistagoldenhair January 15th, 2010 02:02 PM

I'm on the Splendor 1-24-10 for my first Mexican cruise. If I like the west coast, I want to book the Spirit and see the other Mexican ports. I heard the ocean is a bit rougher on the "left" side, but hopefully that won't be an issue. I can't imagine not enjoying any cruise!!!