Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:23 PM
First Mate

Default port canaveral

Will be traveling later this year, is it easier/safety to park in the large parking lot at the terminals OR stay the night before and leave the car at the hotel for the week?
boB
Old January 9th, 2010, 09:40 PM
First Mate

I do feel safer with my car in the cruise terminal lot that is gated and has security. Most hotels do not have gated secure lots with 24 hr security.The fee usually is $15. per day.Port Canaveral is easy to get to by car and has a nice secure lot.
2004 "Glory"
2004"Victory"
2007 "Liberty"
2007" Explorer of the Seas
2009 "Valor"
2009 "Fascination"
2011 " Pride"
2014 "Adventure of the Seas"
Old January 9th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Captain

We parked at The Radisson. They had a online hot rate of $99. Any rate at the Radisson you get free cruise parking and their free shuttle to and from the port. I felt the car was safe. Plus we got to stay the night in a nice hotel for about what parking would have cost.

Country Inn and Suites offers the same deal. Any rate at their hotel includes free cruise parking, you dont have to pay for the cruise package. Country Inn and Suites includes free breakfast.
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:48 AM
Familiar Face

What time of year will you be sailing? Being a Floridian I don't mind paying to park in the port garage...you never know what might happen weather-wise from April to November...even outside of hurricane season we often get violent thunderstorms with high winds and hail. Too, at $15 a day you will be getting the same rate for one week's parking as some of the hotels charge, except your car will be covered from the elements and patrolled by security.

NCL STAR: 10/25/10
GLORY: 10/31/09
MONARCH OF THE SEAS: 08/31/09
LIBERTY: 11/15/08
VALOR: 09/30/07
IMAGINATION: 09/00
STARSHIP OCEANIC: 92
Old January 10th, 2010, 10:46 AM
Admiral

I'm another Floridian who always parks at the port parking garage. Yes, I know we could stay at the hotel and shuttle for about the same price, but I really like the convenience of parking right at the ship, and the security of parking in the secured garage. When we return, the auto is right there, and we're back on the road in minutes, instead of waiting for the shuttle back to the hotel. When we sail out of Miami, I will consider the "hotel/shuttle" alternative, but for Port Canaveral, I love the Port Garage!

"SKY"
Old January 10th, 2010, 08:53 PM
First Mate

we will be traveling mid NOV 2010, how long does it take to get out of the parking lot and on the way boB
Old January 11th, 2010, 08:43 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam View Post
we will be traveling mid NOV 2010, how long does it take to get out of the parking lot and on the way boB
Once you have your luggage loaded, (Garage is right across the street from the ship) you'll be back on public roads in about 5 minutes. I've never experienced a "mob" coming out of the garage, or backups on the road leaving the port. IMO, it's GREAT!

"SKY"
Old January 11th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttam View Post
We were back to the Radisson, did a pit stop, and on our way before 9 a.m.