CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Pack warm for Triumph for now.. (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370677-pack-warm-triumph-now.html)

Gail4cruising January 10th, 2010 09:35 PM

Pack warm for Triumph for now..

Just got back from 1-4-10 cruise on Triumph. Had a great time except the weather was exceptionally cold. There was no heat in the cabins and most of us people were walking around with pants and coats on. It was just some freaky weather but have never been on a Caribbean cruise and not even put a bathing suit on! If you are booked in near future you may want to take some warmer wear just in case. FYI..the cruise director on this ship was really great (Jorge).

Phil&Liz January 10th, 2010 09:45 PM

Hoping the Cruisemates Snooze Cruise to Mo Bay/GC/Coz gets better weather. Looks likes 70-80's during the day. Would prefer mid 80's or warmer right now.

Phil & Liz

cherylroy January 11th, 2010 09:00 PM

Thanks!! We leave Saturday on The Triumph!

Paul Motter January 11th, 2010 09:26 PM

That is so true, many big cruise ships built for the caribbean have never even tested their heaters. I don't know if some of them even have them.

Florida is freakishly cold right now -

GOOD ADVICE - THANK YOU!!!!

ScurvyDog January 11th, 2010 09:50 PM

Daughter got on Fantasy today in Mobile. Cold temps & no heat.
Take a coat!!!!:cool:

travelgalSue January 11th, 2010 10:09 PM

Hoping this cold snap goes bye bye before we sail on the Legend from Tampa on the 24th. We want out of this cold and snow here!

lhp January 13th, 2010 10:35 PM

Hey... we were on there with ya!!!

and yes.. it was COLD.

Thank goodness Cozumel turned out to be a nice day. The water was even warm enough to swim in after about 11AM.

They had another Norte come through the Saturday after we left....:(

So glad I had my jacket with me the first day.

We had a great time. Jorge is a RIOT. LOVED LeAnne in karaoke. Loved doing the Talent Show.
Loved winning the Trivia contest at the Repeater's Party..... woo hoo!!!

Food was good...service was excellent.... I did not want to leave!!!

colorcrazie January 14th, 2010 02:55 PM

FYI, Tampa came out of cold storage today...finally. Supposed to stay this way for a while. But, Florida can be unpredictable in the winter. Have often gone from A/C to needing heat over the course of a few days. So, take a jacket, just in case. It will get warmer as your cruise heads south into the Caribbean Sea.
Marty

Gail4cruising January 15th, 2010 12:54 AM

Were you the one who played the piano so well? My daughter took piano for 10 yrs and I keep trying to get her to try out but no luck getting her to do it yet! The talent show was great. We love going to see those every cruise that does one. You can hear some really great people in Karoke on some of the cruises also. I did not ever make it into the Karoke lounge this cruise this time. I stayed too frozen this trip!

david30101 January 15th, 2010 09:35 PM

The way I do it is like this..Eastern and southern caribbean 7 or more days..Book for dead of winter..Unless the end of earth is near I doubt it will ever be cold in St Thomas or other islands..Same with western caribbean..7 days or more..Other times..and shorter cruises, like Bahamas, key west, or ports out of Mobile, New orleans, etc. I book in spring like Apr or early fall..Sept, Oct. That way its not cold.

Cruisebunny7 January 17th, 2010 10:29 AM

I hope it is warmer! We cruise out of NO in 11 days, weather channel said it should be in the 60's out of NO and the high 70's in Mexico. Should I not pack my bathing suit? Days at sea can be chilly...

Gail4cruising January 21st, 2010 09:33 PM

Yes, take your bathing suits. Even though our cruise was the coldest I had ever been on there were still people in the hot tubs and the pools. There were two days that it was warm enough to get in the water. Have a great time. I want to go back on Triumph soon!