Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 12th, 2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter
Default Best Ports for Active Sports?

Which cruises are best for outdoor-types? Like if I wanted a cruise where Id get to hike, bike, and engage in other physical activities, which cruises might I want to consider?

Sponsored Links
Old January 12th, 2010, 05:15 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Motter View Post
Which cruises are best for outdoor-types? Like if I wanted a cruise where Id get to hike, bike, and engage in other physical activities, which cruises might I want to consider?
That is a good question... Europe often has bicycles for rent, like in Amsterdam. Most of the Caribbean ports are really too hot for hiking and cycling. When you think sports in the Caribbean it is more like snorkling or scuba dives.

I tried cycling in Jamaica once and I found the roads too small and every car honked at me. It was really annoying.

I think Hawaii is probably a good bet for cycling, and probably hiking as well.

I don't recommend the cruise ship tours for hikes - most of the ones I have tried have been really short hikes - 1/2-mile.