CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Conquest Cabins on back of boat (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370766-carnival-conquest-cabins-back-boat.html)

Skylvr January 12th, 2010 05:55 PM

Carnival Conquest Cabins on back of boat

Has anyone stayed in the cabins along the back of the boat of the Conquest? Good or bad? We booked a sail and booked a room on the back of the boat on the Upper Deck (Level 6). Any comments or suggestions we encourage. Thanks.

Trip January 12th, 2010 07:27 PM

Aft cabins are the little secret that got out......I have never had any issues..some claim more motion. Check what is right above you..off hand I don't remember, but that could be an issue...this varies on different ships of course.

GaryI January 13th, 2010 08:36 AM

In 07 we stayed in 6454 on the Glory, which is a Conquest class ship. We loved it. To me there seemed to be a bit more vibration. This did not bother us at all. The only issue I had was that the Karioke bar was right below us. You could hear the music until late at night. That being said I would book one again without any reservations. The view is great. At night it is protected from the breeze, so it doesn't get as cool in the evenings. If that is the type of cabin you booked, you will love it. It would be hard to go back to any other type of cabin. We have one of the new aft (8M) balconies booked for our upcoming B2B on the Ecstasy next month.
I am sure you will enjoy your cruise.
Gary I.

Grandy January 13th, 2010 03:32 PM

We had cabin 7447 aft on the Conquest last year for the first time. We love the cabin and the location. We had aft cabin 7351 on the Spirit this past November and again loved it so much we booked 9479 aft on the Dream for thei Sept. It is like the first time you had a balcony you always want a balcony. Well the aft cabins are the same. It is so nice to have the panoramic view of where you have been:):)

Phil&Liz January 13th, 2010 05:29 PM

FYI its been mentioned that the aft cabins are now being classified as suites which means additional $500 !!

Phil & Liz

Phil&Liz January 13th, 2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil&Liz (Post 1268031)
FYI its been mentioned that the aft cabins are now being classified as suites which means additional $500 !!
Phil & Liz

Added to mention:

Mike posted some clarification to the news....

"The aft wraparound balconies on Spirit Class ships were Cat 11 suites before they changed the designation to Vista Suite (VS).

On Conquest class ships they still are Cat 9C balcony cabins.

I sailed on the Carnival Legend in 5266 and it was a Cat 11. These former Cat 11, suite cabins are now the "Vista Suites". I can see why they reclassified them since they already have the suite furnishings, jacuzzi tub and granite counters.

Regardless: Carnival can now charge more for those wonderful aft cabins."

Phil & Liz

flowers January 14th, 2010 05:22 PM

Iv been aft on Conquest and aft on Triumph. Conquest had little vibration compared to Triumph. We didnt find it bad at all.

Snoozeman January 14th, 2010 11:21 PM

I've stayed in 8457 on the Conquest three times and will again on Sunday. Great cabin. Very little vibration. My favorite cabin on her.

Kimbopolo January 15th, 2010 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snoozeman (Post 1268307)
I've stayed in 8457 on the Conquest three times and will again on Sunday. Great cabin. Very little vibration. My favorite cabin on her.

Is the noise from the pool below a problem at all ?

Snoozeman January 15th, 2010 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbopolo (Post 1268402)
Is the noise from the pool below a problem at all ?

Pool is above. No noise. Once the ship made an emergency maneuver and the water from the pool overflowed and came through the cabin. Wet carpet for a few days.