CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370840-your-favorite-carnival-ship.html)

Kuki January 14th, 2010 11:19 AM

Which is your FAVORITE Carnival Ship?

I suppose the title says it all... but tell us which is your favorite Carnival ship, and what makes it special to you.

barry January 14th, 2010 12:26 PM

I really don't have a particular ship that I like. Have been on a number of cruises on Conquest and Spirit classes and prefer them to the Fantasy class. The ship itself makes little difference to me as I am happy with all of them!

Barry

Brian J January 14th, 2010 12:32 PM

Gotta say we loved the seven we have been on!!:D

TKirkley January 14th, 2010 01:19 PM

Have you been on the Fantasy? Is so, what did you think...how would you compare that to the Glory if you have been on that one....would I be disappointed...

Katzenjammer January 14th, 2010 01:25 PM

I'll never forget seeing Carnival Destiny for the first time. It was the first ship over 100,000-tonnes and it just seemed massive to me.

It was also so much more tasteful in design than the smaller ships - the decor was great. I loved the jazz bar and the piano bar.

skymaster January 14th, 2010 02:00 PM

My favorites are "Spirit" class, and my favorite ship of all of those is probably "Miracle". I loved that ship from the first time I sailed her, and our last cruise aboard her was the 8 day to the deep south, and it was truly wonderful! Great ship, wonderful crew, outstanding food, and fantastic entertainment. What else could a cruiser ask for?

"SKY"

colorcrazie January 14th, 2010 02:51 PM

I vote for the Legend. Am partial to Spirit class and we have had 2 great cruises on the Legend in the last year and a half. Wish I was headed her way right now.
Marty

ShotoJuku January 14th, 2010 03:59 PM

I would say that overall I was somewhat impressed with the LEGEND but would (right now) say my favorite ship is the INSPIRATION.

Cruznut2 January 14th, 2010 06:45 PM

Spirit is my favorite ship so far. I have to say the Spirit Class ships. Love the layout and the ease of getting around them. The subdued decor of these ships are a pleasant departure from the ships of the past. The Spirit is lovely with its dark, rich coppery tones. The Pride is a wonderful glimpse of the Renaissance.
I do like the Conquest class also but not quite as much as Spirit Class.

Laura

Snoozeman January 14th, 2010 11:31 PM

Carnival Conquest:)

Gail4cruising January 15th, 2010 01:06 AM

My favorite is usually the next one I am booked on! Seriously though, it is hard to narrow it because I like several of them for very particular reasons. Was just on Dream and it was very nice-the new schedule of comedy shows were are favorite thing. I also just came off Triumph and loved the shows (and cruise director Jorge!). But I have to say our favorite is Fantasy. We just feel at home there-have been on this ship 3 times and most likely will be our next cruise later in the spring or maybe Oct this yr.

Paul Motter January 15th, 2010 11:50 AM

I would have to go with Carnival Dream. It has a more subdued decor and I love the Ocean bar with the lanai seating outside.

There are some very nice lower category balcony cabins below the public decks. It also has the funhubs.

barry January 15th, 2010 01:30 PM

Not sure if the question was to me, but I will answer anyway. I have been on the Fantasy 3 times and the Glory 3 times. We like the Glory since it is bigger with more balconies, a better Lido deck for food and a Supper Club. However, it has been quite a few years since we went on a Fantasy class ship.

Barry

Fern January 15th, 2010 06:58 PM

So far, my favorite is Inspiration. It was our first cruise and when we got to the port I was awed by her size :) !

We'll be sailing the Conquest next, so I might change my mind :rolleyes:.

Floridanamaw January 16th, 2010 10:59 AM

I've only been on three, but so far my favorite is the Legend. I loved the size and it was very easy to find your way around. The other two ships were the Elation and the Glory.

Truck Cruiser January 17th, 2010 12:16 AM

I have been on the Valor, Holiday and Triumph in that order and my favorite was the Valor. The crew on the Valor was the best I have had and everything was just wonderful from the decor to the great food and service.

billt January 17th, 2010 10:28 AM

my favorite ship would have to be the Miracle. been on her 3 times, and enjoyed them all.Love everything about the ship, itinerary, layout, etc., except i'm not big on the decor in the aft dinning room.

Cruisebunny7 January 17th, 2010 10:37 AM

I have to go with my first, the Sensation. I think cruisers always love thier first. Second would have to be Inspiration which is our Honeymoon cruise and my husbands first cruise. :o We shall see if the Triumph makes it soon!!

Kimbopolo January 18th, 2010 03:40 PM

We just booked Triumph for 11/10.

Let us know how you liked her when you return!

wakedreams January 18th, 2010 05:01 PM

My favorite is still the Victory.
I would say my 2 favorite cruises were both on the Victory.

I am excited though for the open aft deck on the Splendor, she might become my new favorite!!

joymauney January 22nd, 2010 02:33 AM

I have to say one of my favorites is the Holiday. It was our first and my whole family went on that one. My next favorite was the Celebration, and my husband and I went on it for our 32nd anniversary. The next would be the Glory....well it was just Glory-us! My favorite one right now is the one I just booked on the Fascination. My brother and his wife will be going with us and it is their first cruise and I get to see their excitement and share in it with them. All of my cruises are my favorites!

kerenegade January 22nd, 2010 10:01 AM

My favorite is the Sensation --it was our first and then Fascination then Glory---it was nice but way too big-I felt like all we did was walk, walk, walk. But then again any ship would be ok for us.rofl

Aerogirl January 22nd, 2010 10:29 AM

I haven’t bee on enough Carnival ship to really compare. Both ships I have been on where fantasy class. If I had to choose one of them I would go for the Fantasy reason being it was my first cruise and I was wowed by the whole cruise thing. We had a suite and it was the most relaxing trip to this day that I’ve ever been on.

dhudd January 22nd, 2010 05:35 PM

We enjoyed the M.S. Carnival Victory the best. It was our first cruise, (Dec. 2000), when the ship was less that 2 months old. Then we cruised abord it again on Dec. 2005. It was still the best of all of the ships that we've been on. We'll be glad to go aboard it again & again.

spacewoman January 22nd, 2010 07:42 PM

Will always call the Pride my favorite ship. She was start of our addiction. Must say the layout of the Spirit class ships of Carnival is great though.

Thoth January 23rd, 2010 11:53 AM

1) Legend
2)Triumph
3) Valor
4) Destiny
5) Inspiration
6) Holiday....now gone to Spain...no big loss.:roll:

Kimbopolo January 23rd, 2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thoth (Post 1269686)
1) Legend
2)Triumph
3) Valor
4) Destiny
5) Inspiration
6) Holiday....now gone to Spain...no big loss.:roll:

Thoth,

What do you like about Triumph? We are booked for the end of the year. Thanks!

shell lady January 24th, 2010 06:41 PM

We have been on the Victory, Valor (twice) Eastern/Western itineraries, Freedom, going on the Liberty in less than two weeks, then onto the Glory in April. So for now I would have to say the Valor has a special place in our hearts. Had a wonderful time on all of them so far! We love Carnival!

Thoth January 24th, 2010 11:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimbopolo (Post 1269702)
Thoth,

What do you like about Triumph? We are booked for the end of the year. Thanks!

Actually, it is more like the Triumph, Destiny, and Valor were tied. The decor was more to my liking. LOL The Valor was a bit wild, the Destiny a bit plain.
The 2 production shows were excellent on the Triumph. Certainly that Mardi Gras theme in the second show is a huge hit with New Orleans passengers.

JoeMo January 25th, 2010 10:37 PM

Mardi Gras........in a class of her own.