CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Taking food back to the cabin? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/370989-taking-food-back-cabin.html)

mcqmam January 19th, 2010 08:38 AM

Taking food back to the cabin?

This may sound like a strange question but can you take food back to the cabin? Is it prohibited or frowned upon?

I like to get up really early to walk around while it's quiet. My boyfriend likes to sleep in and I thought I could grab some eggs and toast and take them back to the cabin for breakfast sandwiches on the balcony. I know there's room service but I don't think they have hot foods.

Thanks

katlady January 19th, 2010 09:46 AM

Yes you can take food back to the room. I got sick on my 14 day cruise and I took food back to the cabin instead of eating in the buffet area. I'm sure the other people were glad to see me and my cold leave.:D I'm also fairly certain that the room service menu has some hot food items on it. The menu is limited and sometimes it's easier just to pick up the food yourself.

green_rd January 19th, 2010 10:20 AM

Room service does include hot food items, but you are welcome to bring food back to your room.

On one of our cruises my Dear Wife felt a little ill (tropical depression) and left the dinner table. She left the table and our server brought me our meals "to go".

wakedreams January 19th, 2010 11:04 AM

I often take buffet trays of breafast back to the cabin
to enjoy hot breakfast on the balcony.

We have also taken dinner from the dining room "to-go" for members of our party that were ill.

Once we were at the midnight buffet, and there was a very poor turn out (the ship was half full due to hurricane Wilma), we complimented one of the beautiful cakes they had on display. The young lady serving the cakes offered us the whole thing...she said no one would eat it anyway and there were more yet to put out.
She let us take the whole cake back to our room. :)
It was fantastic. Of course I wouldn't expect that normally 8).

Trip January 19th, 2010 07:39 PM

The quiet ship in the morning is a wonderful thing indeed...bring all you want back to your cabin to enjoy at your leisure:)

Donna January 19th, 2010 07:46 PM

I've always done that, especially in the morning with a cup of coffee before we go up to the usual breakfast buffet, rather than call room service. Its also nice in the afternoon, pick up an ice tea and a cookie or two :-) Nothing wrong with that.

david30101 January 23rd, 2010 06:32 AM

Ived even taken a "spread of food" to the shows in the lounge. One of the persons I was with had a birthday cake and we all grabed utencils and plates and took them to show to finish off the whole cake.

Nothin but blue skies January 30th, 2010 12:20 PM

It is perfectly fine to take buffet foods, pizza, sandwiches etc to your cabin to enjoy. Sometimes you might just want to relax and watch a movie, read a book or relax on your balcony and have a quiet meal. Hey you are on vacation (almost) anything goes as long as you are not infringing on someone else's vacation.:)

I know that on one cruise my niece's son became sick after ordering his meal in the dining room, and her husband took him to the cabin. My niece requested that their dinners be set up for her to take back to the cabin and the waiter refused, saying it was against their policy. He told her she would have to go the to buffet or use room service. I guess it depends on the cruise line, ship and the waiter.:confused: