Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 20th, 2010, 12:32 PM
First Mate

Default Carnival MasterCard

I was looking at Carnival's credit card reward program. Does anyone have the MC? Do you rack up many points and are they as easy to use as they should be?
Sponsored Links
Old January 20th, 2010, 01:19 PM
Admiral

Carnival just changed from the Sea Miles program to something run by the card issue (Barclay Bank). I haven't seen the new program but I have the card. We weren't very impressed with SeaMiles - booked our last cruise through them. They were good at taking the reservation, but we not very responsive after that. Maybe that's why Carnival dumped them, but I doubt it. The new program looks easier to redeem - it's all the the Barclay website.

All in all, I think I will still switch to a standard cash-back card once I redeem the points we have on our next cruise.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Coral Princess - tour starts 5/31 in Fairbanks

Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014
Old January 22nd, 2010, 05:28 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd
Default Carnival Sea Miles Card

We also have the Carnival Sea Miles Master Card. We hardly ever use it because it was very missleading to us. They told us when we first signed up, (aboard one of our cruises), that we could receive a free cruise with the sea miles program. Boy was that a lot of crap. At that time we would have had to have approximately a million points to get the free cruise. We wanted to use some of the miles for our last cruise or air fair, but the miles that we had saved up was only worth $150.00. I also contacted the S/M card people, (very hard to ccontact a real person), to lower my intrust rate. It started out as 25.9% APR.:o
I told them that this was unexceptable and that I wanted to cancel my card ASAP. Well they didn't like that so they lowered my rate to 19%. They explaned to me that this was their lowest rate because it was a rewards card. We still have the card, but we only use it for cruise related items. We have well over 35,000. miles. We'll just see what we can get with that amount on our up comming cruise in November, aboard the Glory.8)

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978