Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 22nd, 2010, 08:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Did you get blasted in Sint Maarten?

Sand blasted I mean....I have seen the videos on utube, and been close by myself, but today I watched a show, and they were on Sunset Beach, and the planes landing seemed to be just a couple of feet above them!! When the planes took off, the people on the beach had a hard time standing, and they were blasted by the blowing sand..ow!

At the Sunset Beach Bar, the arrival time for the planes landing, are listed, so, after a foo foo or two, you can get off your barstool, and get blasted!

Have you ever been there? Bet you couln't hear yourself think

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; January 23rd, 2010 at 07:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old January 23rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
david30101

I was there Nov 2009 over Thanksgiving on a cruise. Normally you only get blasted if your halfway down beach directly behind a plane when it takes off, which I noticed allot of people including myself will run down beach on purpose just to get behind a plane taking off. The noise level inst really all that bad, they are quiet when they land. You can smell engine exhaust and if your behind the plane when it takes off you can feel the heat from the engine as well. Its allot of fun, and I will go back to that beach every time I visit the Island. They have free parking and the drive isnt that long to get there.
Old January 23rd, 2010, 10:40 AM
First Mate

U Tube has lots of short film on aircraft vs people on the beach.