Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Hello, new to cruisemates

I am a defector from cruisecritic as I have grown tired of the cyber-bullies that inhabit their Carnival forum. Also there are questions still remaining unanswered concerning the "pay for post" scandal.

I enjoy cruising and enjoy chatting with fellow cruisers about cruising. I hope this web site will fill the void left after my defection from cruisecritic. 8)
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:44 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Welcome to CruiseMates! Everyone is welcome here, no matter where you came from

Many folks visit multiple cruise sites, and some stick to a couple, but we do feel we're the best source of accurate cruise information, and that we have the friendliest members in the cyber-neighborhood.

Pull up a comfy chair and join in sharing great info, and passing time talking about our favorite subject until our next cruise.
Old January 24th, 2010, 01:53 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you.

My next cruise is on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean May1, 2010.
Old January 24th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Admiral

Hello and welcome...I think you're really going to like the Carnival Liberty, my favorite Carnival ship. We found that the food, service, and cleanliness of the ship made for a great cruise experience. We have sailed on this ship a few times and were never disappointed.
Old January 24th, 2010, 08:13 PM
First Mate

Welcome Aboard!!

Old January 24th, 2010, 08:25 PM
Admiral

Welcome aboard BTB. I think you will enjoy the cruisemates community here. The people on here are wonderful and full on information.

Home is where you park your flip flops

~Robin~

Need some cruise help?

ALLURE OF THE SEAS FEB 2016.... Who's going with??
Carnival - Fantasy 1998
RCCL - Majesty of the Sea 2000
Carnival - Inspiration 2009
Carnival - Freedom 2011
Carnival - Liberty 2013
Carnival- Breeze 2014
Old January 24th, 2010, 10:04 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Welcome BTB....glad to have you aboard! Aside from helping posters find then info they seek, we are one of the friendliest sites on the web....

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old January 24th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Cruise Maniac

8) Thanks for the warm welcome! 8)

rosetattoo>

So far The Legend has been my favorite ship. I hope that the Liberty is even better. I've read nothing but great reviews about the ship and also about the staff.
Old January 25th, 2010, 12:39 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Welcome to Cruisemates.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

You are SO welcome here. Boy, I hear you about the cyber bullies, as that is just a characteristic in people I personally cannot abide by.

We don't generally make a policy of discussing our policies - we like to keep the discussion on cruising rather than CruiseMates, but our over-riding factor here for moderating our boards is that we do not allow comments that are derisive towards other posters. We just don't think that has any place in a web site where the purpose is dispensing information on cruise vacations.

We recognize that everyone has different tastes and that we all experience different things. Two people can take the same cruise and have entirely different experiences. And sometimes it is because of the cruisers own expectations, and sometimes one person just happens to be in all the right places at the right times (making for a great cruise) while the other got the backed-up toilet, the tough steak, the lost room service and the lousy tour guide.

We fully promote open discussions on these topics and encourage people to listen and and respect the opinions of others without being critical. You don't know a man until you have walked in his shoes, so we don't focus on that here, we focus on knowledge and factual information about ships.

Opinions are equally welcome and we expect them to be respected. That doesn't mean everyone has to agree, it means that you have to allow people to have a different opinion from your own and not take it personally. People who cannot respect the right of others to express their own opinions are cyber-bullies, and they are not welcome here.

Since you are obviously aware and sensitive to this issue you sound like our kind of person - so a BIG Welcome!
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thank you Paul for the warm welcome. It is a shame that so many message boards are now the breeding grounds for cyber-bullies. Especially when the subject of the boards is about having fun on a vacation.
Old January 26th, 2010, 02:42 PM
Cruise Maniac

Welcome Aboard!!!!!!