CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Just off Triumph (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/371152-just-off-triumph.html)

cherylroy January 24th, 2010 11:19 PM

Just off Triumph

Just off Triumph -------- had a WONDERFUL time!! Anyone have questions...........just ask!!!! I'm ready for another cruise already!!!

Snoozeman January 24th, 2010 11:37 PM

Was it the 4-5 or 7 day?

Where did you go?

Kimbopolo January 25th, 2010 09:01 AM

I'd love to hear your review of the ship. We are booked for 11/10 from N.O. for 5 nights and can't wait!

Cruisebunny7 January 25th, 2010 11:48 AM

Glad to hear!! We are sailing Triumph in 3 days!!! :mrgreen:

SWeir March 7th, 2010 09:12 PM

We're booked for 5/31 for five days - can't wait!

What did you like best about Triumph? What did you wish you'd known about ahead of time? What ports did you visit and what did you do? Any insider tips you want to pass along?

Glad you had a great time!

skymaster March 8th, 2010 08:40 AM

I agree,,,"Triumph" is an outstanding cruise. FUN FUN FUN!

"SKY"

Gail4cruising March 10th, 2010 12:23 AM

Make sure you go see the Mardi Gras show ... was really one of the best shows I have seen on a cruise boat. I love Triumph...hope to rebook another cruise on this ship soon. Hope Jorge (CD) is on your cruise...he was very entertaining.

erwine March 14th, 2010 02:27 PM

Okay, my family and I are leaving this coming friday for the Triumph cruise. All of the reviews I have read say that the boat is extremely tacky-looking, the food is just okay, the hot tubs never work, blah blah blah. I'm starting to get a little scared that I am going to be disappointed.

SMOM March 21st, 2010 10:04 AM

Glad you enjoyed your cruise. We are booked for 7 days in October out of New Orleans. Anxious to read your review of the ship.

buck11pt March 21st, 2010 03:16 PM

Triumph

Just booked my first cruise, on 04/17/10 from N.O. Any helpful info?

Kimbopolo March 21st, 2010 03:19 PM

The OP hasn't posted since January. I, too, would love to hear more (at least an answer to questions) as we are booked on her for November.

Anybody else with anything to share re: Triumph out of N.O.?

david30101 March 21st, 2010 03:53 PM

I was on the Triumph in Dec 06. It was a great cruise, 7 days from Miami. Only problem was none of the Hot tubs worked and they also had on and off problems with the steam room on the male locker room.

Gail4cruising March 21st, 2010 08:03 PM

I was on Triumph in Jan and saw no problems. Hot tubs were up and running. Decoration/design of ship was not overly tacky. As a matter of fact I felt like Triumph was not as "overdone" as some of the other ships in the Carnival Fleet look. I would go back again on Triumph in a minute. I am trying to get one trip in on all the ships within driving distance before returning on the same ship again.

rjalexie March 21st, 2010 10:24 PM

Hope this helps the cruisers looking for info.

Wife and I just got off the Triumph on the 13th of March. We did a back to back beginning on March 1st. (5 days to Mexico and 7 days to Key west and Bahamas) This was our 8th and 9th cruise on Carnival and lets just say things counldn't have been any better. We were fortunate to have the same cabin for both cruises (Balcony on the Panorama Deck). The ship was in great shape as most of Carnivals ships are. This was our 1st cruise on the Triumph, but will not be the last. We really enjoyed the ship and everything else during the cruises. The service (dining, stateroom, room service, pursers desk, etc.) was some of the best we've experienced on any cruise. The shows in the Rome lounge were top notch along with the comedians and all other entertainment aboard the ship. The food in the dining room was even better than our last cruise. Actually due to a big local group onboard the 2nd cruise, we had a different dining staff and time for our second cruise. We checked with the Maitre D at the start of the second cruise and agreed to a time change just so we could be served by Mauro & Cynthia in the Paris Dining room for all 12 nights. The 4 piece band that played mostly in the Venecia lounge (The Music Hightlights Band) was the best we've ever heard on a cruise. We did get to know them pretty well after 2 cruises. They did tell us that they would be transferring to another ship soon, but couldn't say when. As for everything else the cruises were terriffic. The weather was a little cool returning to New Orleans on the 13th but not cold. We didn't get to New Orleans until about 9:00 AM due to leaving a little late from Nassau, Bahamas. Then customs seemed to be slowing things down even more. We didn't get off the ship until 2:30 PM, all that meant was we actually got to eat another Lido deck lunch before getting off. Rick

Kimbopolo March 22nd, 2010 10:03 AM

Thanks, rjalexie!

brina March 22nd, 2010 06:18 PM

We got off the Splendor yesterday and booked Triumph for a 7 day in September. I definitely need to start researching this ship LOL OP, how many days and where did you visit?

malbarado March 23rd, 2010 03:05 PM

Is there opening dining on the Triumph? Can I get a table for 2 in the main dining room?

rjalexie March 24th, 2010 01:03 AM

On our cruises in early March, there were both the traditional set time dinings and the new your time dining. You can request a table for 2 if you do the your time dining. The your time dining was only held on the upper tier of the London (forward) Dining room. The Paris Dining room and the lower tier of the London was still the traditional 6:00 PM and 8:15 PM times.

malbarado March 24th, 2010 05:31 PM

Thank you!