CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Spring Break Cruise??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/371213-spring-break-cruise.html)

Fire93Medic January 26th, 2010 04:21 PM

Spring Break Cruise???

I am in my early 20's and have never been away for spring break. My friend and were thinking on a Carnival cruise, but I am not sure this will be the best way to go. Has anyone here ever been on a spring break cruise? Is there the young crowd I am hoping for, or would I be better off going to Cancun or something like that. I was orginally thinking on a 5 day cruise that goes to the western caribian if I did the crise thing. I don't want to be disapointed and am looking for some insight from others.

by_the_board January 26th, 2010 05:48 PM

The spring break cruise that I took my daughter on was a family oriented spring break cruise. I only saw parents and their kids. That was my experience. I think you would be better off going to Cancun as the chance of meeting someone of the opposite sex in your age group would be much higher. Just don't drink the H2O! lol. Perhaps someone else had a different experience.

beaches85 January 26th, 2010 09:50 PM

I took the Carnival Sensation over Spring Break in 2008 - it went to Freeport and Nassau in the Bahamas, and there were definitely a good number of college students on the boat. I actually ran into 2 people who went to my high school that were on their break from Florida State. For cruises leaving from a port in Florida, you'll probably notice the largest number of in-state college students during the week of their breaks (you can always pull up the calendar online, check the big 3: UF, FSU, and UCF). We had a great time on our cruise....good luck with your plans!

cutiecat January 28th, 2010 01:53 PM

Spring Break is my absolute favorite time to cruise. Had the time of my life on these cruises!!!

*Almost* everyone is so laid back, so relaxed, and it's nonstop fun all week :) Lots of 20~something year olds on board having a good time.

The week I have found to be best is the first full week of March (which I think this year actually starts Feb 28).

Those first few weeks of March are the big spring break weeks~I went one year mid~April and although we had a good time, the ship was dead at night...

Michelle1959 January 28th, 2010 09:33 PM

I'm book on Imagination sailing on march 22nd with my mom so I hope there aren't too many loud obnoxious 20-somethings on board. I want to relax. But I expect there is always a mix of all demographics on any ship at any time. So, I will just enjoy it no matter what. I have my ipod to drown out any noisy folks and hope they will avoid the Serenity area. And I always keep earplugs with me as I easily get a headache if it's too noisy.

Fire93Medic February 5th, 2010 09:20 AM

Thanks for all of the information. I think I am going to book the 5 day western caribbean cruise that leaves March 15th. I wanted to go the week before, but can't due to other plans. I hope it will be a good time!