Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 1st, 2010, 10:41 PM
Familiar Face

Question Switching Cabins

I am booked on the Valor 7/11. I am in an inside room with 2 others. I want to get a room by myself. We are booked with Early Saver. Final payment not paid yet. Can I switch my booking without a charge. I know there will be a price difference since I will be in a single room. Is there a charge for changing cabins. It will be in same category.. Thank you for info...
Sponsored Links
Old February 2nd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Just a FYI, if you change out of that cabin into one all by yourself, you'll have to pay the single supplement, which is like paying for 2?? I would call your travel agent and see what you can do and what the cost involed is..

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 2nd, 2010, 08:20 AM
Admiral

If you change the Early Saver there is a $50 fee plus whatever the additional cabin cost would be.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 2nd, 2010, 10:41 AM
Captain

There is a charge for changing cabins, I think it is $50. However, I was told by my PVP that they frequently waive this fee when it is a situation like this. When we decided that our family of five would be happier in two cabins, rather than one. They waived the fee for us, because we ended up paying significantly more for the extra cabin. Before we were paying $599 for the 1st and 2nd, $179 for 3rd, 4th, and 5th. With the two cabins we were paying an extra $840. It never hurts to ask them to waive the fee if they are making more money. The worst they can say is no, and that is completely within their rights because those are the terms, but I think they try to be nice when they can.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old February 2nd, 2010, 02:18 PM
Familiar Face

Default It worked out

Well, I switched cabins with no extra charge. No extra charge to my daughter and grandson who will now be 2 in a cabin instead of 3. I got a porthole cabin 1@. Applied my deposit to the new cabin . I had to pay about $250 extra for single room. I am ok with this. Not as expensive as I thought.
Old February 2nd, 2010, 09:29 PM
Captain

Glad to hear that it all worked out and that they waived the fee. They can be so reasonable when approached in a nice manner. You are going to have such a great time!
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:27 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Percy,
That is wonderful, glad it didn't cost an arm and a leg. Is your new cabin somewhat close to your daughters?

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:03 AM
Familiar Face

Default Space

It is on the other end of the ship. Up front. But that is ok. We are on the same floor. Do the 1a's have berths or beds. How big are the port holes. It is 1212 Valor.
Old February 3rd, 2010, 11:03 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Well, glad that worked out pretty well. No doubt you'll be much happier, and enjoy the trip more having your own cabin.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old February 3rd, 2010, 09:43 PM
Familiar Face

That is funny, I'm in 1212 on Valor in May and have it all for myself too :-)

to Western Caribbean on Carnival Valor

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 3rd, 2010, 10:46 PM
Familiar Face

SPECTRA,
Please give me all the details when you get back. Here is my email address percy444@comcast.net. Thanks and have a great cruise... Percy
Old February 8th, 2010, 02:27 AM
Captain

Most 1A cabins have a lower and upper berth. I checked the deck plan at it does show 2 porthole windows and upper and lower berths.

Let us know how it worked out when you return!!

AKcruiser