Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 3rd, 2010, 08:57 AM
Familiar Face

Default Anyone sailed out of Charleston,SC port?

I live in SC and have been by there hundreds of times... but where do you park? Is it just the local parking garage? Wed spend 90 bucks for parking... ( i think - fri - wed )

I have considered doing the stay and park thing at one of the hotels - but my husband will not get off work until 6pm the night before - so it would be a wasted hotel stay. Cheapest place I could find to stay is 75 bucks.

What do you think?
Sponsored Links
Old February 3rd, 2010, 01:31 PM
Admiral

I have been interested to see what is going to happen with the parking in Charleston when Carnival starts year round cruises. Looks like parking for a few cars at the terminal and then there is a public parking garage a few blocks away. Looks like there is going to be a mess unless a cruise parking garage like they have in Mobile and a traffic plan is part of the cruise terminal improvements.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 3rd, 2010, 02:21 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

A Mobile type parking facility would be ideal. I'd love to try it out of Charleston though. Let us know what you experience.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Carnival Triumph-Caribbean-7/28/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014, Navigator of the Seas-12/14/2013, Norwegian Jewel-1/3/2015, Emerald Princess-1/11/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/2/2015, Carnival Freedom-2/15/2015.