CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Dream cove balcony (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/371500-dream-cove-balcony.html)

Floridanamaw February 6th, 2010 03:48 PM

Dream cove balcony

It's a long way off but I'm already looking at cabins on the Dream for a 2011 cruise. I'm looking at the cove balcony mainly because of the price. Has anyone stayed in one of these? I'm concerned because the galley is above a lot of them and the Dream Bar above some of them. There are a few that have the Crimson Restaraunt above them. I've heard that any cabin with the galley above it will be noisy all the time. Any thoughts on this from anyone. Thanks. Vicki

ready2gonow February 6th, 2010 05:19 PM

Let me be the first to tell you about my cabin below the galley, on the Ecstasy. We were beneath the pastry preparation area, to be precise. It is the worst cabin I have ever had, noise day and night. We were finally able to move on the 5th night into a 7 night cruise. It was so bad that 1 afternoon I was so tired, I went up to one of the upper decks and curled up in the windowseat, and took a nap! Trust me...... don't do it! I don't care how good of a deal it is!

Floridanamaw February 6th, 2010 11:13 PM

Thanks Darlene. There are a few of these cabins that are not below the galley. They are under the Crimson restaraunt. I was hoping someone could tell me a little more about them. If I don't take one of these I would have to go up to the Empress deck. The Upper deck balconies are all above lounges, theather, dance clubs, etc.

ScurvyDog February 7th, 2010 02:41 PM

Cove Balcony

We were in cabin 2273 the first cove (closest to bow) on the starboard. I don't know what was above but we did not get any noise. This cabin is right over the forward gangway and there was some kind of squeaking noise problem from below but they got it fixed. There was also moderate wave noise but I did not find that objectionable. You probably would not get wave noise if the cabin was midship. Overall the cabin was very nice and I would not hesitate to do it again. I did find it a bit smaller than the average balcony cabin but then the price makes up for that.:cool:

Floridanamaw February 7th, 2010 04:01 PM

Thank you, looks like Guest Services was right above you. I will keep that in mind. I don't even mind the cabin being smaller, it's the noise issue that I am more concerned about. Cabins that are right under the Crimson restaraunt look like they would be okay, they are also a little more midship. Do you still get a pretty good view from these cove balconies? Thanks for the info. Vicki

ScurvyDog February 7th, 2010 04:22 PM

View is good. You are right under the life boats and that provides some shade which I like. Unless you want to stick your head out of the cove and look straight up the view is not obstructed in any way.

jlauntz February 7th, 2010 10:21 PM

I know good deals are sometimes hard to pass up. From my limited experience I always to book the empress deck, you are between two decks of cabins and insulated from a lot of noise.The small price difference is worth it.