Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Beginner

Default Carnival Pride Interior Staterooms

Hey everyone! I just joined cruisemates today. My boyfriend & I just booked a cruise on the Carnival Pride leaving on June 27th, 2010. He is currently deployed, so I'm booking this all by myself! He's never cruised before, but I've gone RC with my parents.

I'd love to hear everyone's thoughts on the ships, the food, the activities, the itinerary, etc. Most of all, I want to know about the Interior Staterooms! I chose the "FunSaver" option where Carnival chooses your location, since it was our cheapest option. The woman assured me there was no chance of getting a room that is bunk beds only (i.e. they don't converto to a King). In your experience, is this true? She mentioned that we were guaranteed an IS, not a 1A, which is the bunk bed rooms...

We're spending months apart while he's gone, so we don't want to face the chance of getting stuck in bunk beds!!

If anyone has done this itinerary (leaves from Baltimore, then Port Canaveral, Nassau, Freeport) I'd love to know which days are the "formal" days so we can plan which night we want to do David's too!!

Thanks in advance!!
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Captain

It does indeed say you can get a 1A from a IS guarantee, but my PVP says that is incorrect, when I showed her just a couple of days ago. She sent me a booking sequence which cabins will be grabbed and it didnt include 1As. She said she will look into trying to get it fixed on the website.

So, you can get any 4A or higher category cabin, which will be 185 s.f. and Carnival gets to pick your location. This should be exciting, your first cruise, after your husband gets back. Enjoy and have fun
Old February 7th, 2010, 05:36 PM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

IS gty cabin guarantees you at least a 4A cabin. So you don't have to worry about getting bunk beds :P enjoy.
Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 8th, 2010, 12:14 AM
Beginner

Default Thanks!

Thanks for the replies! The stateroom is our only concern. I've read both good and bad reviews of the Pride & I truly believe it's all in what you make of it. We both have really high hopes of this cruise, so I'm thinking it's going to be a great time! Thanks for clarifying. I know sometimes customer service can just "tell" you things so that you book. It's good to hear it from fellow customers!!
Old February 14th, 2010, 10:06 AM
Passenger

We are going on a cruise out of Baltimore as well in July; however we are going on the other itinerary. I am really looking forward to it. I have a friend who is getting off the ship TODAY. I look forward to any information anyone has.
Old March 15th, 2010, 12:58 AM
Beginner

Just got off the Pride today. We missed out on our Freeport Port Call due to rough whether, but my wife and I were still impressed with everything.

It was Spring Break for a lot of the Colleges in the area so there were plenty of young, silly, drunk "adults", but it was still a great time.

This was our first cruise and we will definitely be booking a second for later this year or early in 2011. The staff of the Pride was entertaining, fun, and professional. The staterooms, were identical to those on their website (at least our balcony room was) Our steward was great and paid close attention to detail.

It's been a month since the last post in this thread was added, but if you ever get around to reading this, you are in for a good time. Hopefully the weather is better for you!
Old March 15th, 2010, 02:25 AM
Admiral

make sure your PVP/TA knows about your BF being on active duty..also encourage him to bring his dress uniform so on formal night you can have really nice pictures, plus I bet lots of cruisers will want to buy your drinks to say thank you for his service and for your support of him

he's use to sleeping in foxholes and bunkbeds in the service, so he'll be very disappointed :: when he gets on ship ::

have a great cruise and post pictures for us when you return
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:07 AM
Beginner

Please click one of the Reply to Post icons in the posts above to activate this form.
Old March 15th, 2010, 03:12 AM
Beginner

Default thanks!

RobAK-Thanks for the review! I love hearing positive reviews of the ship, amongst so much negativity! Good luck booking your next cruise!

Venice-Do you think there's anything additional Carnival would do for him, having just returned? I'd love to make him feel special, although like you said, if he wears his blues, I'm sure people will make him feel wonderful. We're not looking for attention, but I think he deserves to feel great about what he's doing over there!!
Old March 15th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Beginner

They have a Veteran's gathering on the ship during the week. It was nice getting to know some of the older folks who I think really deserve the kudos and thanks we receive day to day. At all of the shows and at dinner they always ask the Military to stand and they have everyone applaud.

Personally, I'm not into the recognition and when I am off the last thing I usually want to do, is put on a uniform and be reminded of work. I don't know if they do anything special for the military besides what I said above, but like I said, I didn't let anyone know my wife and I were military. I just grew out my beard and enjoyed my week away from work.
Old March 15th, 2010, 11:18 AM
Admiral

he's with you, so that should make him feel special enough

doesn't matter what Carnival may or may not do...your fellow cruisers know the sacrifices that are being made by our armed forces and people just want to say thanks and respect the fact that you two are together

if he is low key and doesn't want the possiblity of being recognize, just wear a normal suit (but be aware his haircut may give him away for those of us that know)