Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 7th, 2010, 01:34 PM
Familiar Face

Default Cruising in July

What is it like Cruising in July (Western Caribbean) ? thanks
Sponsored Links
Old February 7th, 2010, 03:04 PM
Captain

Well July has some negative points...It is hot and due to hurricane season, the weather and ports are unpredictable.. The ships are filled to the brim with families with lots and lots of kids. But then it also has lots of positive points...The weather is hot and you'll be on a cruise ship with lots of a/c and free ice cream or frozen yogurt as well as iced tea, etc. The family atmosphere we find easier than the party atmosphere but that will depend on the cruiser. We would absolutely cruise in July because any time of the year I can be on a ship is a good time of the year to cruise. We just adjust some of our expectations, we know that the itinerary can change with storms so we remain flexible and we always buy cruise insurance.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010

Last edited by 2Littletime; February 7th, 2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Can't type and hold squirming baby without typos : )
Old February 7th, 2010, 08:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I would cruise anytime, but, be prepared for extreme heat, and extreme kids...hurricane season would not bother me.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 8th, 2010, 08:16 AM
Admiral

I cruised to the Bahamas July 29th 2007 with my son and it was the more horrid heat & humidity I'd ever experienced. Arriving back aat Port Canaveral, the news that night reported it was 101 degrees but compared to how it felt in the Caribbean, it 101 only felt like 80 degrees to us! We couldn't believe it was really that hot out. I'll never complain about a Chicago summer again.

It was so humid out we couldn't enjoy the excursions to the fullest. I especially remember just getting off the ship and waiting for the excursion gropu to get together, even under a shelter, we were already sweating buckets just standing still.

I will also never cruise to a tropical climate in the summer again. That's what spring-winter-fall are for! Summer is for perhaps cruising to New England or Alaska or anywhere else north of the southernmost US states.
Old February 8th, 2010, 05:41 PM
Familiar Face

Thanks for the information.
Carnival 2012 hmmmm not sure yet!

Read and post cruise reviews

Old February 8th, 2010, 07:16 PM
Beginner

it's been a LONG time since I've been on this board, but thought Id reply. We took one 4 years ago in July, Carnival Inspiration, and absolutely loved it. We are actually looking at going again this July. We have 2 kids so the kids around wasn't an issue. It was hot in Mexico, but really didn't bother us at all, because we were on vacation and looked at it from that POV. We have to cruise in the summer, wife is a teacher and kids are in school so that is the available time.
Old February 8th, 2010, 08:13 PM
Familiar Face

I was thinking about a July cruise because the only other time that would work for us would be the March Break. We are travelling with our teen. We have been on 2 cruises both in March, so I was just looking for some input on July cruising.. All the information has been great.
Thanks a bunch everyone
Carnival 2012 hmmmm not sure yet!

Old February 9th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Admiral

If you have to go in the summer on a tropical itinerary, I would at least recommend trying to go in June or in early July at the latest. Later in the summer is really unbearable. I only went in late July as I couldn't get flights out for June. We sgtill enjoyed the cruise, but would have enjoyed it more with less humidity.