Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 16th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Admiral

Default Article: Legend propulsion problems

Old February 16th, 2010, 03:30 PM
Admiral

HMMM,,not a lot there that we didn't already know. I'd really be interested to know what the problem actually is, and how, and when they plan to "fix" it! I'd love to book "Legend" again. HMMMM Maybe I can get an extra good "Pack-n-Go" on her in the near future! ;-) I personally couldn't care less where she sails to. She can go around in circles as far as I'm concerned.

"SKY"
Old February 21st, 2010, 06:12 PM
Admiral

I was on this cruise. The Legend docked aprox 8 hours late at around 3PM. Passengers were kept at the Tampa Airport Marriott in a meeting room. Carnival provided a sack lunch and we sat around the pool drinking beer until bus boarding at about 6:30 PM. Got to the cabin about 7:30 and sailed about 10PM. The schedule was changed three different times because they were still working on the problem for several days. Finally it was fixed and the ship would make 22 knots. Never knew what the real problem was but some Carnival people were saying it was computer related and part of the engine controls system. Who Knows?????? For all of our trouble Carnival gave us a free glass of champagne at dinner the first night.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam