Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Welcome Newcomer

Send a message via AIM to herbertcol Send a message via Yahoo to herbertcol
Default Is it too cold for pools to be open

My family is sailing on the Fascination 3/11/2010. We will have a 4-year old with us and she is really excited about playing in the pool and waterworks area. Has it been too cold for the waterworks areas to be open lately with all the cold weather down south, or has the pool areas been open on the ships while they are in the Bahamas area?
Sponsored Links
Old February 18th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

As long as the weather is not too windy or the seas rough they usually leave the pools open. Kids have an amazing tolerance for colder water. You just have to wait and see but my guess is that they will likely be open.

If they are not open and you don't see a good reason why they shouldn't be open there is no law that says you can't enquire with the staff about whether they could consider opening them, if you are sure your daughter really wants to swim. Ask around and get a consensus of people who want it opened.
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Admiral

On our cruise to Western Caribbean on Jan 30th, they, of course, had all the pools open. Folks said the water was a bit cool in the pools (sea water of course) but I think everyone enjoyed them just the same. I wouldn't worry too much about it, because, as Paul noted, if the weather is O.K., the pools will be filled, and open.

"SKY"
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Captain

Our kids swim in the rain (albeit rain thus far for us has been rare) and even in the cold. I was impressed that on our cruise out of NYC they left the water in the kiddy pool even on the last day when my middle daughter had to take off her jeans and sweater to get to her bathing suit : )
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010