Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:26 PM
Admiral

Default Limon Costa Rica & Colon Panama opinion

I am looking at an 8 day cruise from Ft. Lauderdale on the Freedom that visits these two ports. Has anyone been and what are they like? The other port is Cozumel which we have been to. I was just wondering if anyone has an opinion about these two ports? Good or bad? Thanks, Vicki

Need some cruise help?
Sponsored Links
Old February 19th, 2010, 08:17 PM
Admiral

been to both. In Costa Rica we took a tour from the dock, Went for a ride up a river and did get to see a lot of different wildlife. IT was a bit strange as on the way up we had to pull over to the police/coast guard station for them to take some info about what the boat was doing. Also went to a small resturant on a bay for some lunch. We decided we did not want to eat so we went to the supermarket next door and bough some coffee beans.

In Panama we took a ship excursion going by bus to the west end of Lake Guten and boarded a ferry ride to the Pacific then a bus back. This is an excursion that has to be done thru the ship as it does take a long time. We had lunch on the ferry (part of the price) and they did supply a lot of water and soda to drink. Our ship was 3 hours late leaving Colon due to our excursion. Not far from the port is the duty freezone, it is the second largest in the world (Hong Kong being the largest). If we ever get back we want to be able to go there to shop. Only tourists and Panama business are allowed in.

Actually would like to go back to both ports.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old February 19th, 2010, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Thanks Nancy, I was looking at the excursions and noticed the one that went to the lake Guten and past the canal. It sounded interesting to me. I'm really liking the cruise but haven't gotten prices yet from my TA. We are not going until 2011 so I have some time. I just wanted to know some views on these two ports. They sound good. Thanks. Vicki

Need some cruise help?
Old February 21st, 2010, 02:06 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

We did the white water raft tour in Costa Rica. Outstanding!! It was so much fun. After the rafting we were taken back to the rest area. Nice clean rooms to change in. We then had a nice lunch of local dishes. Very good. I cannot say enough about this tour it was great fun for young and older people.

In Panama, I chose the Panama City Tour. I found this to be very boring. The restaurant they chose to take us to was terrible. My salad was inedible and the rest of my meal was nearly so. There were other tours that were offered that I heard glowing reports on. I wish I had taken my first choice of the train ride.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain