Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:14 PM
Beginner

Default Liberty in June

New to the boards. Haven't been a cruise since our honeymoon over 7 years ago and would REALLY like for hubby to have a good time. I love cruising his 1st cruise wasn't the best (cancelled port, etc). We're from FL so the heat isn't an issue for us--we love it!

I have a few questions and was hoping you could chime in. THANKS!

1. Trying to decide if we should do excursions sponsored by the ship or explore on our own. Namely, looking to go offshore fishing in St. Thomas. Thoughts?

2. Is there a message board anywhere to "connect" to other people that share your sail date? We're going on our own--mid 30's, parents but toddler not going. Want to meet some people.

3. Any recommendations on excursions that you would classify as can't miss? Any that you wished you hadn't done? Why?

Thanks all.
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2010, 03:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

CruiseMates has a "meet on board" section in these forums, just scroll down and look for Carnival Liberty.

For offshore fishing, I would try to arrange something before you get there, not wait or try to do it onboard.

"Can't Miss" excursions where? St Thomas? The submarine is pretty cool. I also like "Coral World" - you can catch a bus to there for about $15 per person.
Old February 24th, 2010, 07:26 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Tiki, welcome to Cruisemates..I sailed the Liberty last fall, and had a great cruise. With this itinerary, other than the fishing excursion, you can just walk off the ship, and get on tours for less money.

If you like snorkeling, you can take the ferry in St. T over to St John, for a great day in the water.

If you just want to veg in Grand Turk, this is the place, but next time I would like to investigate getting into town to really see the the island.

btw..food and service was great..the ac in our cabin was in issue, so, if you find it not up to snuff, call right away...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:15 AM
Beginner

I'm all for vegging out a bit. Wouldn't mind doing some hiking, walking around on foot (burn off dinner-yum!). Thanks for the thought of just getting off ship and looking into tours. The idea of possibly snorkling in St. Johns sounds nice. Can you snorkel from the beach. Excited to be on the board.
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:42 AM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

I checked my excursion paperwork I brought home,and this is offered .

Half Moon Cay has an historic nature walk 1.25 hr 19.95 pp / island bike tour 1.25 hr 19.95 pp

San Juan, has El Juque,rainforest toures....4.5 hrs. 57.95 pp just not sure how much actual walking there is...someone will be sure to let us know

San Juan also has hiking tours..check out this site.http://www.visitcabo.com/hiking.ph

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator