CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Triumph in Roatan - Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/372030-triumph-roatan-coxen-hole-mahogany-bay.html)

beenie weenie February 24th, 2010 05:43 PM

Triumph in Roatan - Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay?

Going on the Triumph in June and curious since they have now finished the New Mahogany Bay Terminal if anyone knows will the Triumph dock at Mahogany Bay or at the original Coxen Hole facility?

nlb1050 February 24th, 2010 06:45 PM

On the Legend in Jan we were supposed to be at Mahogany Bay but due due wind and water currents we could not dock there. Turns out that the channel is not very deep at Mahogany and with even the slightest movement the ships sensors think it is going aground so no ships can dock in certain conditions. And since we could not dock there nothing there was open. As long as conditions age good you should be at Mahogany Bay.

Floridanamaw February 24th, 2010 10:10 PM

When we were there in November on the Legend we were suppose to be the first ship to dock at the new pier. But we were not able to for "technical" reasons. There is not much at the other dock. We loved Roatan, it is beautiful there. Enjoy your visit.

beenie weenie February 24th, 2010 10:18 PM

I really enjoy Roatan too, I am just trying to figure out how to clone myself and make everyone happy LOL. I figure I will have "the plan" and a contingency plan, should "the plan" fall through.

I want to scuba dive with all my heart in Roatan. I also want the kids to have a ball. Last time we were there we went to Maya Key (Fins & Flippers) and I cannot recommend it highly enough, If any of you land at Coxen Hole again, you have got to check it out. It is owned by Anthony's Key Resort, which is the outfit I want to go diving with because they have the first dive going out at 8:30 a.m. and the second dive at 10:30. That way I will likely be done at around noon or 1 and I can go get the kiddos and take them to either the new cruise ship terminal area or to Fins and Flipper's if we're over in Coxen Hole. I am giving myself a headache LOL.

Thanks for all the information! Good stuff!

ScurvyDog February 24th, 2010 11:14 PM

We were at Mahogany Bay last week and they were dredging the channel.
My guess is you will be there if at all possible considering the investment Carnival has there.
By June any problems should be corrected.

nlb1050 February 25th, 2010 11:17 AM

Scurvy Dog glad to here they are dredging. When we were there we learned that a discussion was going on as to wether they could dredge out more or not.

Beenie, we were told that the beach area at Mahonagy Bay is good for swimming but not so much for even snorkling. I'm sure if you do arrange for a tour with Fins and Flipper's something can be worked out for pick up.