Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 24th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Admiral

Default Triumph in Roatan - Coxen Hole or Mahogany Bay?

Going on the Triumph in June and curious since they have now finished the New Mahogany Bay Terminal if anyone knows will the Triumph dock at Mahogany Bay or at the original Coxen Hole facility?

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old February 24th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Admiral

On the Legend in Jan we were supposed to be at Mahogany Bay but due due wind and water currents we could not dock there. Turns out that the channel is not very deep at Mahogany and with even the slightest movement the ships sensors think it is going aground so no ships can dock in certain conditions. And since we could not dock there nothing there was open. As long as conditions age good you should be at Mahogany Bay.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Admiral

When we were there in November on the Legend we were suppose to be the first ship to dock at the new pier. But we were not able to for "technical" reasons. There is not much at the other dock. We loved Roatan, it is beautiful there. Enjoy your visit.

Need some cruise help?
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Admiral

I really enjoy Roatan too, I am just trying to figure out how to clone myself and make everyone happy . I figure I will have "the plan" and a contingency plan, should "the plan" fall through.

I want to scuba dive with all my heart in Roatan. I also want the kids to have a ball. Last time we were there we went to Maya Key (Fins & Flippers) and I cannot recommend it highly enough, If any of you land at Coxen Hole again, you have got to check it out. It is owned by Anthony's Key Resort, which is the outfit I want to go diving with because they have the first dive going out at 8:30 a.m. and the second dive at 10:30. That way I will likely be done at around noon or 1 and I can go get the kiddos and take them to either the new cruise ship terminal area or to Fins and Flipper's if we're over in Coxen Hole. I am giving myself a headache .

Thanks for all the information! Good stuff!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Admiral

We were at Mahogany Bay last week and they were dredging the channel.
My guess is you will be there if at all possible considering the investment Carnival has there.
By June any problems should be corrected.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old February 25th, 2010, 11:17 AM
Admiral

Scurvy Dog glad to here they are dredging. When we were there we learned that a discussion was going on as to wether they could dredge out more or not.

Beenie, we were told that the beach area at Mahonagy Bay is good for swimming but not so much for even snorkling. I'm sure if you do arrange for a tour with Fins and Flipper's something can be worked out for pick up.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014