Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 27th, 2010, 06:32 PM
Familiar Face

Default Tell me about Open Dining on Dream

We just booked our next cruise on the Carnival Dream. We decided to try the new option of Open Dining. Can someone give me more details? I know we can go to dinner between 5:45 and 9:00, I think. Do we have to go to the same dining room? How long is the average wait for a table for 4 people? How does it compare to traditional seating? Did you miss having the same wait-staff each night? Any other thoughts?
Carnival Dream (Cozumel, Roatan, Belize, Costa Maya) - June '11
Carnival Freedom (Key West, Grand Cayman, Jamaica) Dec. '12
Carnival Sunshine (Nassau, St. Thomas, San Juan, Grand Turk) - June '14
Carnival Fantasy (Caribbean) - Dec. '14
Carnival Liberty (Alaska) - June '15
Sponsored Links
Old February 27th, 2010, 08:08 PM
Admiral

Yes you have to go to the same place each night. The upper level of the mid-ship dining room is designated any time dining. They check your cabin number on the computer so only the people who are supposed to be there are seated. Only one time did we have to wait and that was for a table for two. It was a short wait. Did not really notice any difference from traditional dining and it was nice to have different people at the table. As for the wait staff everything was great. We did not at all miss having the same waiters or table mates. It worked well for us. We will continue to use anytime dining.
58 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X3, Triumph X2, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
8 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta X2
HAL Statendam
Old February 27th, 2010, 11:38 PM
Cruise Maniac

Any cruise I go on from now on that offers anytime dining I will definately take it. I loved being able to plan dinner around my activities rather than the other way around. You can ask for a table that just fits your party or if you don't ask they just seat you at first available. On the Dec 12 Dream cruise I was sitting near the entrance to the anytime dining room (upper level of Crimson) and around 730 that night it seemed like a lot of people all showed up at once for seating and they gave them pagers to wait to be seated but for the most part as everyone walked up they were seated.
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011