Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 28th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Victory 04/18/2010

Is anyone else going? If so, what excursions are you planning? I am having trouble deciding. Also, any hotel info appreciated for pre-cruise in San Juan.
Sponsored Links
Old March 5th, 2010, 01:14 PM
Familiar Face

I'm going in August and would like some input also as to excursions. Also, how is the condition of the ship, there aren't many recent reviews on the ship or this itinerary.
Thanks!
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:47 AM
Passenger

I ran into the same problem. I will be happy to give you the info when I return!
Old April 4th, 2010, 05:20 PM
Beginner

We were on the Victory in March and loved it. We stayed at the Verdanza Hotel in San Juan ($149 nite) pre-cruise. Nice hotel, a block from beach with a grocery store and restaurants that were easy to walk to. We went to the grocery store and got some beer and soda and put it in our checked luggage.
In St. Thomas we got a slow start. We shopped a little at the pier and then took a taxi downtown ($6pp) and did some more shopping. We then went back to the ship since it was already 2. We were planning on going to megans bay beach just didn't make it.
Dominica we got off and walked just the main street. We set this aside as our day at sea. We thought Screw's Spa looked interesting but we have sulfa allergies. Table mates took a tour to see the falls and they said it was pretty but very warm and tiring.
Barbados we went to the boatyard. We paid $15pp this included a chair, umbrella, a drink and ride back to the ship. The taxi to the boatyard was $6pp. Pretty beach with plenty of water activites bar and restaurant.
St.Lucia contacted Frank Charles because we wanted to go to Jalousie Beach. He said it took a while to get there-by land and boat- and you did not spend much time on the beach so we decided to just shop a little in port and get back on the ship. If you want to see the Pitons you need to get up early - around 6
St Kitts we went to Cockleshell beach. Loved the ride there one of my favorite views was on the way to the beach, you could see both the atlantic and the caribbean. The beach was fun lots of shells. The taxi was $26 each way for two people and $10 for chair and umbrella. Fun to "meet" Wilbur the pig and see monkeys along the way.
St Maarten Got the $6pp wrist band to use the water taxi all day. We shopped and used the beach right in town. Pretty beach lots of "deals" on beach chair, umbrellas and drinks. We were going to go to Orient beach but the beach in town was so nice we decided to not take the time to go to Orient. This was an awesome cruise. Loved everything!
Old April 4th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Admiral

If you are interested in ships tours the River Tubing in Dominica is excellent.
Nothing very exciting at the dock area.

In St Kitts there is a catamaran excursion called "Fan-Ta-Sea".
Irie Lime is the cat. We have done it twice and highly recommend. Expensive but worth it.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old April 12th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Familiar Face

Thanks for all the info so far!
spyder209 I look forward to hearing about your trip! Hope it's fabulous!!

Please let me know the condition of the Victory. I was on the Triumph in 2007 and she needed to be refurbished.

Thanks again!
Happy Cruising!!