Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 5th, 2010, 07:55 PM
Beginner

Default Help with picking a room!!!!!

I am looking to take a cruise on the carnival glory in november. This is my second cruise. Last cruise i took was on the Destiny i was on the Empress deck at the rear of the ship with an extended balcony. We didn't really stay in our room that much so when i started planning this trip I wanted to save a little on the room, I was suggested the same empress deck but at the front of the ship with a ocean view that would lead out to the front of the ship on the deck. I do not get sea sick and have owend may boat and know that the front is always the worst but in this case I just dont know what to do. Hopefully some one can give me some good advice and maybe some reviews of what I should do.

Thanks
WES
Sponsored Links
Old March 7th, 2010, 11:39 AM
Admiral

We had some friends that had a cabin at the front of the ship, I believe the Empress deck, and they said they could hear the waves hitting the ship, especially if there were rough seas. They said it was not enough to bother them but they could hear them.

Need some cruise help?
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:16 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I agree - if you do not get sea sick then you have an advantage in that you can take a forward cabin. That is the roughest part of the ship.

Don't underestimate the advantages of a balcony, though. Even if you never go outside it is great to have fresh air and real sunlight.

It is apersonal choice however. If you are never in the room then you don't need a fancy room. Some people go go go all day long - that's great. Save the money on the cabin and use it on shore experiences and finer dining.
Old March 7th, 2010, 12:20 PM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

Wes,

Welcome to Cruisemates. We are glad you found us, and hope you will make us your cruise info home.

This will be our 10th cruise coming up, and I have picked all of our rooms, or at least the location, except for the first cruise. This is what I do.

I log into Carnivals web site. I pull up the deck plans on the ship I am going on.

I go deck by deck to see what is above and below me. Keep in mind that if the Lido is above you, the sliding of chairs, might keep you awake at night, and then wake you up in the early morning. You get the idea what I am looking at.

I then find those rooms on the ship that we enjoy the most when we are on the ship. Dinning room, Lido deck, Theater, etc. I check their location from the room that I am looking at. I also usually wash clothes while on the cruise, so I find the location of the laundry room, so that we can be in a room that is close.

I hope this helps a little, and remember we are here for you.

Luanne
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old March 7th, 2010, 07:11 PM
First Mate

My self I always book mid ship. Not much noise of any kind.
We always have a balcony room, I like sitting on it at night
or early in the am drinking my coffee.

sammy
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

Wes; We're booked on the M.S. Carnival Glory, sailing on the 7th of November 2010 out of Miami to the Eastern Caribbean, (Nassau Bahamas, San Juan Puerto Rico, Saint Thomas, and Grand Turk Island).
Our very first cruise aboard the brand new ship, M.S. Carnival Victory we were up-graded to the Riveria deck. It was our first cruise and we were a little cruise-stupid. They had given us a room in the stern of the ship, an oceanview cabin. Don't get me wrong, the room was very nice but we heard alot of propeller, anchor and linehandling noise. My wife gets seasick, so she always gets the patch. Every cruise since we always book a Balcony stateroom that is middle & middle of the ship. We usually get a cabin on the 7th deck. Balcony staterooms are well worth the money. If you like to take pictures like I do go with a balcony. I also enjoy an Adult Beverage or two on the Balcony

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old March 10th, 2010, 05:17 PM
Cruise Maniac

I too always now pick my room. I booked a couple of times under the guarantee where you are just assigned a room and was put in a bunk bed room in the middle of the bottom of the ship on Riveria deck. So now I choose my own room. I have given up on getting an upgrade. It depends on where there is a room open at the time of my booking as to which room I choose. I loved being on Lido on the Dream. If I can I usually take a room towards the middle of the ship and near a set of elevators. I never take a room in the very back. I am now also hooked on balcony rooms. I took a cove balcony on our upcoming May cruise on the Dream. Anxious to have a room that near the waterline.
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011