Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:27 PM
Beginner

Default I'm looking for Private excursions

We are booked on the Splendor for July 4th 2010 (Mexican Riviera). I have read so much on all the excursions... I want to be able to have fun at all the ports, but I have been told that if I am stuck with a large group of people doing the same excursions then I will have to work with the groups time schedule. Can anyone recommend any private excursions for Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan, and Cabo San Lucas...Please help a Dad out.
Sponsored Links
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:29 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Try www.portpromotions.com..myself,and many people I know have used this company.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old March 12th, 2010, 02:34 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

You can Try Mazatlan Frank for a tour geared to you. You do need a large enough group, but what his minimum is I do not know. Do a search for it and you should find it.....

Cabo--water taxi's can take you to El Arch and Lover's Beach. Safety is always an issue with water taxi's there, so maybe you can find one that will do a tour for your small group.

Mazatlan--you can probbly get a pulmoneria (sp?) looks like a crossbreed of a jeep and golf cart...and for a certain price you can go to the Golden Zone.......

I found the people in Cabo to be much nicer and not as pushy. PV and MZ were quite pushy. I did tours in all the ports and the dolphin swim in Puerto Vallarta was amazing (free swimming dolphins around you in your group actively wanting your affection). The Cabo by Land and Sea tour was great. We weren't too rushed. The boatride to El Arch was around an hour and the driver made sure that everyone had more than ample time to snap a few hundred pictures and the Cousteau commenatry was excellent. San Jose del Cabo was very nice. Those that wanted to tour the church did so and then we had around 45 minutes to shop. I only needed 30 minutes. There are a fair number of shops, and the town is very quaint! the town square is worthy of photos....

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old March 12th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Beginner

Default thank you for the info.

This is all great information.

I should be able to find some private excursions whith this.

If anyone has any other private excursions they could think of, please let me know.
Old June 9th, 2010, 02:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Aventuras Excursions

I would also recommend checking with Puerto Vallarta Cruise Excursions they have a lot of private tours and small groups tours. We have used this company, Island Marketing in many puertos before and they are excellent!