CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Midnight Buffets (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/372837-midnight-buffets.html)

lwangler March 27th, 2010 09:22 PM

Midnight Buffets

Does the Triumph still have midnight buffets?

Solo1959 March 28th, 2010 06:02 PM

It's been a while. The traditional "photogenic" Midnight Buffet that comes to mind has been discontinued, but there is a late night bistro, food in the Lido buffet, and there will be deck parties with food, i.e. Mexican Night.

You won't go hungry, but the buffet that you are anticipating has been discontinued.

lwangler March 28th, 2010 07:08 PM

I don't remember the food as much as the pretty ice carvings. Our first cruise was on the Holiday eons ago. We sail in 13 days . Can't wait for sunshine .

azpilot March 29th, 2010 09:54 AM

I need a midnight chocolate buffet fix!! :D

zydecocruiser March 29th, 2010 11:26 AM

The chocolate buffet is typically during the day on the last full sea day. :D

dhudd March 30th, 2010 02:38 PM

I hope that they still do. I've always lived for the Midnight Buffet's. When we're on a cruise we always have a routine, after the shows we hit the Midnight Buffet and then maybe get 5 or 6 hours of sleep. We're cruising on the Glory in November, I hope they still have one.

briguy March 30th, 2010 03:27 PM

Midnight buffets are gone pure and simple. Although the ice sculptures were nice the food was generally left over from the day time buffets and the uneaten dining room meals. Now if they can do away with the excessive picture taking especially at dinner then I would applaud that!

SMOM April 4th, 2010 10:20 AM

Amen,briguy! The pictures are hard to resist when you see them and are SO expensive. They make a fortune on the pictures they take. We are going to try and stay away from that gallery this next time.

ToAdam12 April 4th, 2010 08:52 PM

Truth be told I miss the midnight buffets they had one on my first cruise that I went on, then carnival canceled it. I miss it but I never really knew it. As for the picture taking I have never been one to buy pictures from the ship. Me and my friends usually take the stupid pictures and never buy them or just completly avoid them all together.

venice April 5th, 2010 12:30 AM

I enjoy having a slice of pizza and a coke at 3 am rather then a midnight buffet

rollerdonna April 5th, 2010 07:52 AM

I'm with you Venice, most of the food at the buffet is not to my liking, except maybe the chocolate desserts. I'd prefer the pizza or even a sandwich from room service late at night. It always bothered me that those buffets were so elaborate, people took pictures, but most of that beautiful food went to waste....

donna

Fern April 5th, 2010 07:47 PM

I agree! I'd much rather be in my PJ's in my cabin and order pizza or Room Service than be confronted with all that food at midnight :shock:!