Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 5th, 2010, 03:13 PM
Beginner

Default state rooms

I am going on my first cruise and am in the process of booking through a travel agent so I don't know my state room assignment but know it will be 4A. My question is, do all 4A rooms have two single beds that convert to a king size bed or does that need to be asked for as an upgrade? Also, I get motion sickness easily. Do I need to get a script for the patch and bring it with me on board, or are the patches supplied on the ship? Thanks a bunch!
Sponsored Links
Old April 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
Admiral

Hi Scully,

I believe all 4A cabins have the bedding configuration you mentioned, though some might have have fixed beds that can not be moved together. Make sure your TA gets you a cabin that has movable beds.

The ship's shop will have OTC sea sickness medication. If you are concerned that this will not be sufficient you will want to talk with your physician. Also 4A cabins tend to be fore and aft (front and back) and these are the areas are the ones that have the most motion. Depending on the ship you might want to look at a 4B which are midship. To avoid motion - low and middle are the most stable.

A Bad Day At Sea [with power] Always Beats A Good Day At Work
Carnival: Glory 2004, Destiny 2008, Splendor 2009, Freedom 2011, Valor 2012, Dream 2013
Celebrity: Summit 2011
Princess: Ruby 2010, 2014, Caribbean 2013, Coral 2014, Regal 2014
Old April 5th, 2010, 06:38 PM
Familiar Face

Send a message via AIM to ToAdam12

Your right about the 4A I have found tho that all most all cabins have beds that can be pushed together or pulled apart. As for sea sickness keep in mind that everyone is different and be aware that if you do take the pills or patch you will most likely be done for the day. Last cruise I went on someone in my party took the pills and never really recovered from it. She spent the last 2 days trying to get over the pills. I wouldn't take them unless you are dieing (so to speak)
CCL Destiny 5 Day Eastern 2009
CCL Fascination 5 Day Western 2008
RCI Majsity Of The Seas 4 Day Eastern 2007
CCL Imagination 4 Day Western 2005
Old April 5th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scully361 View Post
I am going on my first cruise and am in the process of booking through a travel agent so I don't know my state room assignment but know it will be 4A. My question is, do all 4A rooms have two single beds that convert to a king size bed or does that need to be asked for as an upgrade? Also, I get motion sickness easily. Do I need to get a script for the patch and bring it with me on board, or are the patches supplied on the ship? Thanks a bunch!
Did your TA book you a 4A guarantee? If so, you will possibly be upgraded (unless the ship is sailing very soon).

You should talk to your doctor about the patch and get it before you leave home. If you get motion sickness in a car or on a plane, you'll probably need the patch. Also ask about meclazine. That's the generic name for Dramamine.

On today's ships you'll feel very little movement, but if you're prone to motion sickness, please ask your doctor!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Sea Princess 2014
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I get motion sickness very easy. I used the patches, but you have to put them on BEFORE you leave, they made me sleepy and thirsty. They did work well for the sickness.

Old April 7th, 2010, 01:11 PM
First Mate

There are also pressure point bracelets for motion sickness if you decide not to go with the patch or pills. They didnt look bad - sort of like the cuff of a sweatshirt with a plastic "asprin" size piece that you wear facing inside your wrist (one on each hand). They worked for my family. You can get them at CVS or your local drug store over the counter.

Have a great cruise!
CARNIVAL BREEZE 1-13-2013
Old April 7th, 2010, 11:37 PM
Beginner

Thank you everyone! We are going on the Carnival Dream and it sails in June. I do hope the beds will pull together. We are going 4A guaranteed so we will keep our fingers crossed that we will get upgraded. It's hard to say about the motion sickness. I have gotten sick swinging on regular swings. That's sad! I definitely cannot go in circles and as an ice skater have a hard time with spins. Yet I have been on pontoon (sp) and small fishing boats, planes and roller coasters and don't get sick so go figure. Once I do get sick though, that's it. I'm hanging my head in the toilet for hours and it just takes forever to go away. I think I will ask my doctor for the patch and anti nausea meds before we go. Thanks again to all who replied. I appreciate it!
Old April 9th, 2010, 04:27 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToAdam12 View Post
Your right about the 4A I have found tho that all most all cabins have beds that can be pushed together or pulled apart. As for sea sickness keep in mind that everyone is different and be aware that if you do take the pills or patch you will most likely be done for the day. Last cruise I went on someone in my party took the pills and never really recovered from it. She spent the last 2 days trying to get over the pills. I wouldn't take them unless you are dieing (so to speak)
The pills are to prevent seasickness. Once you are seasick it's too late. You need to have the medicine in your system ahead of time.

Wife always thought she'd get seasick as she gets motion sickness in the car and got the patch for the first few cruises.

She got cotton mouth and blurred vision. She stopped wearing the patch and after 23 cruises she has never been sick yet.

Bill