Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:14 PM
Passenger

Default I know it's kinda unpleasant to think of...

but can anyone recommend a company that has decent 'trip' medical coverage? Thinking about it for our Sept 2010 trip on the Dream....oh...btw we are seniors.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old April 11th, 2010, 10:50 PM
Admiral

Look at insuremytrip.com and you will find a number of choices.
56 Carnival: Mardi Gras, Ecstasy X2, Fascination X6, Celebration, Elation X5, Glory X5, Fantasy X4, Valor, Holiday X3, Imagination, Liberty, Spirit X2, Freedom, Destiny X2, Splendor X2, Dream X2, Conquest, Legend X3, Victory, Sensation, Paradise, Inspiration, Magic X2, Triumph, Miracle X2, Breeze, Sunshine X3
7 Norwegian: Sky, Jewel, Dawn, Epic, Pearl, Breakaway, Getaway
7 Windjammer: S/V Legacy X3, S/V Polynesia, S/V Caledonia, S/V Diamant, S/V Sagitta
HAL Statendam
Old April 12th, 2010, 12:03 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

When you go to insuremytrip.com, plug in all your pertinent info, and click to get side by side comparisons, which makes it much easier to view what company offers you what is best for you..Also check the pre existing clauses, that could effect your choices.

Medical evacuation from a ship is most important, as the cost of this is out of the realm of most, and trip interruption, can save you when your flights have issues.

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old April 12th, 2010, 02:18 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

We always use..."Travel Guard". Our Travel Agent obtains it for us when we purchase a cruise or any other travels. Last May my wife had an accident and we were not able to go. We had purchased a cruise prior to her accident, to sail in September. We purchased "Travel Guard" insurance for that cruise. Well we received a "FULL REFUND" for the cruise and "NON REFUNDABLE" airline tickets. I thought that we were going to have to eat those airline tickets, but I was very suprised to receive our money back. Thank you Travel Guard Insurance and having a great travel agent.

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:01 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

insuremytrip is good for research and shopping.

DON'T use the cruise line's own insurance. You can get more coverage for less $ elsewhere.

Be aware of pre-exisiting condition regulations on the policy.

Travelguard is fine. I've previously used Access America and Travelex as well.
- The Kuki Side of Cruising-
A new Blog post every Wednesday
http://www.cruisemates.com/blog/author/kuki/
Old April 12th, 2010, 03:40 PM
Administrator
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Paul Motter

I have also sween articles lately about travel agents selling travel "protection" that is not real travel insurance. There have even been cases brought up where some agents have been cited by the state of Florida for selling insurance "without a license."

That is yet another reason to use "insuremytrip" and to read your policy very carefully. Make sure it says "insurance" not "protection."

Also - one thing to understand about travel insurance is this - if it does not specifically say it covers something, it doesn't cover it.

I see people asking quastions like "Can I cancel my cruise because of a state department warning about H1N1?" - if your policy doesn't say you are covered for health warnings then you aren't.

Insurance policies are one area where you should get exactly what the contract says. If you don't the company is not reputable. I have heard of a company called Prime Travel that apparently was not real insurance - but I am pretty sure they are no longer selling asny kind of coverage anyway. if they are - don't buy them.
Old April 13th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Passenger

Default Thanks folks....

...more great replies and info.....will check them all...and really hope I don't have to use it!