CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Rolling clothes (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/373193-rolling-clothes.html)

roynga April 12th, 2010 09:55 PM

Rolling clothes

How do yuo do it? I always end up with more wrinkles than what I started with.

rollerdonna April 12th, 2010 10:09 PM

Usually I just fold an item like I normally would, smoothing out the wrinkles at the same time, then once it is folded, roll it up small and tight, and pack many tightly rolled items close together. They usually come out preety wrinkle-free.

donna

dhudd April 13th, 2010 02:13 AM

We use space bags.

Michelle1959 April 17th, 2010 03:19 PM

yes, that is the trick. Also once you unpack, you can unmroll everything, lie them flat if they still hyave some wrinkles and pkace something heavy on them to flatten out any wrinkles that crept in, or use Downy Wrinkle spray or hang them in the bathroom and steam it up in there.

If it's casual clothes don't worry about it, for nicer stuff (for dinner, formal night) use the above tricks, or just make a quick trip to the laundry room to use their iron or send a formal dress to be pressed by the ship laundry.

I didn't care about the casual stuff and when yo9u unroll them the wrinkles eventually come out using the above tricks. I used a formal night (little black low-cut)dress that is made of soft velour and it never wrinkles, always looks fantastic.

JHawk April 17th, 2010 04:28 PM

Bundle packing

You might also want to consider bundle packing (folding all items in a bundle together). This has been mentioned elsewhere on this forum, but here is a link to helpful videos and/or basic instructions:

Step-by-Step PackingLight Method

Trip April 17th, 2010 11:23 PM

You can also roll with the plastic cleaner bags,or lay bubble pack between layers.....running the shower hot, and, letting an item steam in the bathroom for a few minutes can work like magic...

SMOM April 19th, 2010 09:09 PM

dhudd, do the space bags work well? I have wondered how wrinkled things would be after being so tightly packed. It sure would save a lot of luggage space.

dhudd April 20th, 2010 03:13 PM

The "Space Bages" work very well. You have to stack, fold and pack them just right. If you do receive any wrinkles, then simply use an iron to press-out any wrinkles. Then afterwards, we use the space bags for all of our soiled clothes and place them in one single piece of luggage. If we purchase any brakeables, we usually will place the brakeable item/s in between the layers of the clothing items, using a space bag. This will compress and usually safeguard any breakables. It's also a great way to bring a bottle of your favorite spirits aboard. We ask our cabin steward to bring us their vaccum cleaner in order for us to expell the air from our space bages. Dave & Diane.

SMOM April 23rd, 2010 09:44 AM

GREAT! Thanks for the info on the space bags,hudd. Am going to purchase a few of those for sure.