Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:10 PM
Passenger

Default Emergency contact information?

In the event that there is a problem with any of our children who are staying with friends while we are cruising, how would they go about contacting us?

Read and post cruise reviews
Sponsored Links
Old April 20th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Administrator
Admiral

From the Carnival Website:

Friends and family may call guests onboard via Maritime Telecommunications Network (MTN) Shore-to-Ship telephone service. The rate is $9.50 per minute from the United States; additional long distance charges may apply from outside the United States.
The caller needs to have available the ship name and the guest's name. The charges will be applied to the caller's credit card: MasterCard - Visa - American Express - The Discover Card - Diner's Club. 1-877 CCLSHIP (1-877-225-7447) from the U.S. 1-732-335-3284 from Canada and outside the U.S.

They will need to have the credit card at the time they make the call. Make sure you leave them your ship's name and cabin number.

If you just want to check in I suggest that you use the Internet Cafe and email.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old April 20th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Captain

I'm not sure if you have this where you are but we were able to rent a satellite phone from a local business that included 150 anytime minutes for $90 for 8 days the last time that we went away without the kids. This was much cheaper than the cost of calling from the ship, and more convenient than Skyping from the ports. We had good luck with this option and would probably use it again if the need arose.

Otherwise, leave them the Carnival number that Mike posted, it works like a charm in an emergency.
Carrnival Victory 2004, Carnival Valor 2005, Carnival Fantasy 2006, Carnival Fascination 2006, Carnival Destiny 2007
Carnival Sensation 2007. Carnival Fascination 2007 Carnival Triumph 2008, Carnival Fascination 2008, MSC Orchestra 2008, Carnival Fascination 2009, Carnival Glory 2010

Waiting for the Carnival Imagination June 28,2010
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:34 AM
Passenger

Thank you very much for passing that along! We hope they won't need to call us while we're gone, but I'd rather have the info just in case.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old April 22nd, 2010, 11:42 AM
Administrator
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaoldt View Post
Thank you very much for passing that along! We hope they won't need to call us while we're gone, but I'd rather have the info just in case.
No problem: Also, your in-cabin phone has voice mail so you don't have to worry about missing a phone call.

Have a fantastic cruise with no phone calls.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me