CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Embarkation time (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/373560-embarkation-time.html)

by_the_board April 29th, 2010 08:31 AM

Embarkation time

OK, It has been 6 years since my last cruise. The stated embarkation time for Carnival Liberty is 12:30 til 2:30. Have the process improved to the point that it only takes 2 hours for 2900 people to be processed and boarded? They also state that passengers will not be allowed into the terminal until 12:00. Is this factual information?

Luanne Russo May 4th, 2010 11:38 AM

We always go about 11:00 to 11:30 no matter what time they say to be there. If you go the same time as they say, everyone seems to show up at that time and it's very crowded.

I hope this helps.

sistagoldenhair May 4th, 2010 01:16 PM

I wonder how early you have to get there to be the first in line? :confused:

I know the travel docs say for quicker boarding, get there after 2pm, but dayum.... I want to get in line early and keep the excitement going... Its crazy to say, but after almost 20 cruises, it still makes me so excited once the line starts moving....I've met some fun people in cruise lines.

dhudd May 4th, 2010 01:49 PM

We always get to the terminal on or about 12:00. I make sure that all of our documents are in order ahead of time, (via the computer/ Fun Pass), that way we zoom thorugh the line faster. My wife doesn't want to miss anything. So we usually board the ship about 12:45 or 1:00. This gives us time after we've boarded to check out our stateroom, have a "Drink of the day" and then go to the "Buffet", (maybe not in that order). Of course we like to meet & talk with other passengers prior to the "Bon Voyge" party.

2Littletime May 4th, 2010 04:24 PM

We like to show up around 2 o'clock. We're not crazy about waiting in the lines and we find that by 2 o'clock things are moving right along and the process takes much less time and it is more relaxed.

BobMiller May 6th, 2010 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sistagoldenhair (Post 1290007)
I wonder how early you have to get there to be the first in line? :confused:

When we sailed on the Fascination we booked a suite because DW requires a balcony. Our checkout at the hotel was 10:00 so we went directly to the port. We were allowed in with no problem and Carnival was checking people in, just not allowing them to board yet, so you would have to get there before 10:30 to be the first in line. After about 30 minutes in the VIP lounge (because of the suite) we were taken to the escalators and, with our two nieces, were the first to board. Then they began boarding groups by numbers they gave out to the people that arrived before boarding started.

On a previous trip (same hotel) we didnít have a suite and were waiting for friends to arrive. Security and Checkin at 10:30 took about 20 minutes the we waited for our friends to arrive. At 11:20 (larger ship took a little longer to unload) they started loading VIPs and wedding groups with general boarding starting at 11:45. At 11:30 the busses from the airport started arriving and the lines got really long. At 12:00 our friends arrived and were through the line about 12:50. By then the lines were beginning to shorten again and looked like they would be pretty short again after 1:00. We didnít see any more since we boarded at 1:00.

green_rd May 6th, 2010 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by by_the_board (Post 1289219)
Have the process improved to the point that it only takes 2 hours for 2900 people to be processed and boarded?

On-line Fun Pass and other embarkation documents has made check in quicker. The biggest bottle neck might be photos - embarkation (for sale) and the one for security.

by_the_board May 9th, 2010 12:00 PM

DW and I were eating lunch @ 12:30 at Emile's on the Liberty last Saturday. Embarkation was the easiest and fastest that I have ever experienced. The only problem I saw were passengers who had no clue as to what documents were needed. So the line would slow down while they searched for them. Good job Carnival!

johnthed0g May 9th, 2010 12:07 PM

In the UK anytime after 11am is ok despite what they say, I was told they say 2 pm because they know the experienced passengers will arrive early leaving the advised time free for the rest.

rosetattoo May 9th, 2010 05:44 PM

Prior to our cruise on the Carnival Dream sailing out of Port Canaveral, we received a telephone call from Carnival asking us, if possible, to check in at 10:00 a.m. Don't know if they are calling people just for the Dream because of the high passenger count.

Froufie May 22nd, 2010 12:03 AM

Like to get there as early as possible to start enjoying my 'vacation'. Eat breakfast, check out of hotel and usually head ot the port around 10 am!