Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:26 AM
Beginner

Default Beach Buggy & Snorkel Cozumel

Has anyone done the beach buggy in Cozumel? How was it? Was it worth the $$. Do you have time to do anything else? I would also really like to do a zip line but have heard that you don't see much.
Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2010, 09:15 AM
david30101

I did one simular in Calica Apr 22 (Jeep tour). There is 4 per vehicle, which means, if you dont have 4 in your group, you will ride with other "strangers" you dont know. We stopped at 2 differnt places and had ample time in each one. They also fed us a buffet lunch which was great. In Cozumel, I rented a Jeep and drove around alone at my own free will. It cost about the same and the rental was right at the pier. All major rentals are at the pier and take discounts from AAA, etc. Only thing I dont like about Cozumel...If your outside of town or anyplace on other side of island away from the ocean.There is a very strong smell of URINE everywhere you go..Only place you dont smell it is right on the beach next to the ocean (windward side). I went up the lighthouse on the southern end and still smelled it.
I recommend going there without a large group of people. I climbed it with one other person and its very small up top and a tour group will be a big cluster *** trying to go up all at once. The jeep/ dune buggy tour will stop there at lighthouse. They were comming as I was pulling out of parking lot.
Old May 19th, 2010, 08:59 AM
david30101

Here are a couple pics of lighthouse in Cozumel. Its got about 180 or more steps to top.