Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 2nd, 2010, 08:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Questions about Dream on recent cruises

I sailed on the Dream in Dec. and will be back on the ship next Saturday. The lines were pretty bad at lunch being really the only problem I had while on board. Wondered if it was still really long lines at the Lido area? Also, they did not do a sail away "party" on that cruise. One of the asst cruise directors said they had not been doing them prior to coming into Port C home port. I just wondered ...did they start now? And one other thing...does anyone know if "poppin John" from Fun Force is still on that ship. He was amazing during the welcome aboard show.
Carnival Celebration 03/06
Carnival Fantasy 12/06
Carnival Fantasy 04/07
Carnival Glory 10/07
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2008
Carnival Fascination Oct 2008
Carnival Holiday April 2009
Carnival Dream Dec 2009
Carnival Triumph Jan 2010
Carnival Dream May 2010
Carnival Elation Jan 2011
Carnival Triumph May 2011
Carnival Fascination Feb 2012
Carnival Conquest 12/09/12
Carnival Fascination 01/06/13
Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
Beginner

Hi Gail, I was on the Dream from 4/10 to 4/17 and I did notice the food lines on the Lido deck were long but it didn't bother me i was on vacation and had no where to go. Didn't notice any sail away party onboard i think they did away with them. Fun Force is the break dancing guys? Don't recall a Poppin John. But did enjoy them around the ship and at the shows.

Jim
Old May 4th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail4cruising View Post
I sailed on the Dream in Dec. and will be back on the ship next Saturday. The lines were pretty bad at lunch being really the only problem I had while on board. Wondered if it was still really long lines at the Lido area? Also, they did not do a sail away "party" on that cruise. One of the asst cruise directors said they had not been doing them prior to coming into Port C home port. I just wondered ...did they start now? And one other thing...does anyone know if "poppin John" from Fun Force is still on that ship. He was amazing during the welcome aboard show.

We did the Dream in December (and the Triumph in January...ok who is stalking who???)

Ours was the 9 day cruise and the only time we had any long food lines was when we waited for the Mongolian Wok (which was sooo worth it).

However, we tend to eat at odd times that are not peak .....

When John Heald was the CD at the beginning of the year, he opened up the Main Dining Room and had a BBQ out on the Lanai on Embarkation day which folks said helped a lot.

It would be interesting to know if Todd has continued that...

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND