Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 7th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default What time do we have to disembark?

We sail on the Pride this June and the itinerary states the ship will arrive back to port at 9AM. How soon after our arrival at port will they make us disembark? Not that I am already trying to anticipate the end of my cruise before it starts, but am just trying to figure how long I can make my trip last. If it helps, my husband and I will be driving to the port so we don't have a flight to catch.

Thanks!

P.S. I am so excited about this cruise that I just can't stand the wait.
Sponsored Links
Old May 7th, 2010, 09:51 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

They call people off in groups depending on their flights home, since you don't need to be off early, you can be one of the later ones called off. I would think you'd be off the ship by 10 or 11, they need to be ready for the next bunch of cruisers...Have fun!

Message Boards Moderator
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:42 AM
First Mate

We got in at 1000 hrs and did self debark (VIP) and were off the ship by 1020 and in the car headed home by 1030. Debark was done by 1140 on that cruise. Now they get in around 0900, but you never know what you run into. Last guests off should be around 1030 to 1100 hrs. They do try to get everybody off ASAP to get ready for embarkation. One trip we got on at 1130 and the last one in March was 1230 (VIP). No really good set time for anything.
Old May 8th, 2010, 01:22 PM
First Mate

We opted for self-disemabarktion on our last cruise. We were VIP so supposed to get off first. BUT .... we got there even before the scheduled VIP time start and the lobby was already packed.

Lesson learned: there is not such thing as VIP self-disembarkation. Next time we will have a second breakfast and take our time.
Old May 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Admiral

We have learned that we never have any carry on stuff to lug about, get on WAY earlier than they tell us, take our time getting off having taken little notice of the advised time, as if there is any congestion it is people getting off earlier than advised.