Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 8th, 2010, 09:31 PM
Passenger

Default Suite Perks

In Feb., 2011 we will be on the Conquest for a week. This will be our sixth cruise, second time on the Conquest, but the first in a suite. I would like to know what the perks are with a suite, other that the room itself. Also, do they still have the Captain's Club? I didn't see any reference to it on the web site.
Sponsored Links
Old May 8th, 2010, 10:38 PM
First Mate

We had a suite on our last cruise and the only perks I am sure about are priority embarkation and debarkation. There may be others we were not aware of.
Old May 12th, 2010, 04:30 PM
First Mate

We had a suite on the Fascination because it was the only way to get a balcony. Priority embarkation is the only hard and fast perk.

There are a couple of intrinsic perks that are built into the system.

#1 The suites are generally located in what the ship builder considers the best location. Less noise, less motion, but still close to the public area.

#2 The cabin stewards assigned to suites are often the best on the ship. Our best ever steward was on the Freedom, we had a regular balcony next to the suites on the Empress deck. Our steward also served the suites but treated us as well as the people in his suite rooms. All the stewards and assistants anywhere near our room were greeting us in the hall by name by the second day.

#3 Our nieces said the milk and cookies they ordered from room service at bedtime came faster than on other cruises but I canít guarantee that the suite made a difference.

During disembarkation our steward told us we could wait in our room until our number was called. We didnít need to move out to the public area. He also said we could wait as late as the last number called if we wanted. This may have just been the generosity of our particular steward but it was better than sitting out on the public decks until our number was called. Guests in the suites get assigned lower numbers but being asked to be among the first to leave doesnít sound like a big perk to me.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old May 12th, 2010, 07:37 PM
First Mate

Default Suits

We started years ago with a window, went to a balcony, , we do the suit thing.I love to watch the water and drink my coffee,go sit in the jaccuzzi in the bathroom, and relax.
When we are pierside watching people is a art, especilly if they are under the "alcafluence of incohol" as one person told me especially ,if it is one min before the last line is pulled and they are booking down the pier to get on.Watching the new cruisers(we were one once) running to get in line for the tour and standing in the heat for 30 min. The suits are usually in the center midship and there is usually less rolling . we hit 25 ft seas one cruise and i slept like a baby . The DW loves to sit and relax on th balcony and watch the water as she wakes up and has her coffee
FUN AND RELAXATION is the name of the game no where you have a cabin
boB