Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Default Good Table Assignment?

Our table assignments on 2 previous cruises have been in the middle of the MDR, directly beside a waiter's station. I know there are better tables.

1) Where is the preferred place to be seated and 2) How do you get there?

We are on Triumph in November if that helps.
Sponsored Links
Old May 16th, 2010, 12:14 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Good question.

Me?, I prefer the middle and don't care for a window. When I'm on Conquest or Ecstasy, I'll usually know the M'd and request a table, but it's just up to the computer or luck the rest of the time. I will always take a round table if possible-just seems to work better.

You can always change on the first day, but I'm always second guessing myself wondering if I just changed from a great group of guests on a table to a bad set of guests just for a better location.

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old May 16th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Admiral

We too prefer the lower level, center of the dining room at one of the big round tables for 8. We've also enjoyed having one of the long tables near the aft windows, but conversation is much more difficult at those tables. Like Snooze says, it's pretty much the luck of the draw.

"SKY"
Old May 16th, 2010, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

One of the nicest table locations we ever had was aft in the corner by the huge windows on the Century. The sunset was killer,and it just seemed to be perfection....

We also like a round table for 8, not a rectangle as we got one time..what were they thinking,with this shape..unless you roatate, some never chat at all...

I agree, we like a round in the midddle too...top or bottom dining room..my word of caution..stay away from banquettes!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old May 16th, 2010, 08:23 PM
Passenger

I agree with the round table, but there are exceptions. The very best table we ever had, oddly enough, was a small table for 4 in a corner. Somehow we were matched with a couple that we bonded with immediately. There were a couple of times, for both couples, that we were really too tired to go to the MDR but just HAD to find out what the others had seen or done that day. I guess it is really more about the people than the shape of the table.