Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 19th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip
Default Cruise friends...

Do you keep in touch with people you have met on a cruise? Cruised with them again, this time by choice? I wonder who has the longest cruise friendship...could it be you?

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Sponsored Links
Old May 19th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Admiral

We are still in touch with a couple we met on our cruise in 1994
Old May 20th, 2010, 08:21 AM
Admiral

I still e-mail a couple we met on our honeymoon 9 years ago.
We just returned from a cruise where we made friends with 2 wonderful couples, and I hope we will stay in touch. Would LOVE to cruise with them again - we made an awesome Trivia Team!

donna
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:06 AM
Admiral

Keep in touch by Email, but have seldom met anyone again. We do however have lifelong friends we met in St. Lucia in...about 1990 I think, we also introduced them to the delights of Barbados & holidayed, not with them but at the same time if you see what I mean for several years. We last went away in 2007 for their 25th annniversary.
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:19 AM
First Mate

One of my co-workers is a frequent cruiser. She and her husband always travel with a couple they met 20+ years ago on a ship. The only time they see each other is when they cruise together!
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:54 AM
Admiral

We are cruising this year with a couple that we vacationed with in 1968
Old May 20th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbopolo View Post
One of my co-workers is a frequent cruiser. She and her husband always travel with a couple they met 20+ years ago on a ship. The only time they see each other is when they cruise together!
Like us, the only time we see the couple is when we arrange to go away, it's good, loads to chat about then.
Old May 20th, 2010, 12:19 PM
Admiral

We have been blessed to have several friends that we met through cruising.

One couple are older and are also into Nascar (like our youngest son) and we have went to Tallageda with them. She calls herself our son's Nascar Granny!

We have some people who have booked another cruise just to sail with us...which I thought was an honor.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old May 20th, 2010, 07:31 PM
Cruise Maniac

I have not experienced the meeting of a person or couple on a cruise that became friends for life. Apparently no one advised me that my latest Liberty cruise was booked by numerous participants of the witness protection program. DW and I attempted to engage several couples into a normal cruise type conversation but were met with lockjaw.

Maybe a future cruise will present a new friendship. Hopefully I will not experience any more U.S. Marshal themed cruise's!
Celebrity Century, 1996, Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Destiny, 2001, Dutch Treat
RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 2003, Western Caribbean
Carnival Legend, 2004, Exotic S. Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, 2010, Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Old May 21st, 2010, 07:58 AM
Admiral

I met my friend Marty right here on Cruisemates. We found ourselves on the same ship, Carnival Fascination, in 2007. We've been cruising together every year since then. We're booked with our boyfriends on our next cruise for Feb 2011. We've decided that getting together once a year just doesn't cut it so we're trying to plan a meet up somewhere in between Tampa and Detroit.

Life is too short to let the ship of your dreams sail without you.

Carnival Destiny Feb. 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb. 2007
Royal Caribbean Grandeur of the Seas Feb. 2008 The DTW & MsBJ tour
Carnival Valor MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2009
Carnival Glory MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2010
Carnival Dream MsBJ and Dina Feb. 2011
Old May 21st, 2010, 08:54 AM
Admiral

I wonder what it is that these people who won't communicate actually think? Are they so arrogant that they think they should not be addressed by anyone, is it just that they are socially inept or pitifully shy? In any case I wouldn't think a cruise is a good option.
Old May 21st, 2010, 09:37 AM
Admiral

By The Board..perhaps they thought you were Tony & Camella Soprano and did not want to be eliminated from the Witness Protection Program
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:47 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to carribbeantina271

One of my very best friendsi now is a awesome lady I met while waiting for a cab at IC in Miami to board the Triumph in 2007! Me and my DH had the pleasure of hanging out with her and her DH the entire cruise. It was just fate! We cruise atleast once a year with the DH and once a year just the us girls! We try and talk in some form or fashion every day!! We are so alike as she understands my "addiction"
Most Recent
Inspiration 3/8/10
Valor 1/10/10
Valor 10/04/09

Coming up
Dream 10/02/10
Miracle 3/27/11
Old May 21st, 2010, 02:48 PM
First Mate

Uncommunicative people can be so annoying! But I've learned in my 50-odd years to give people the benefit of the doubt. In my experience, 99% of the time, it is shyness.
Old May 22nd, 2010, 06:02 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Cruznut2 Send a message via Yahoo to Cruznut2

I hate when people completely ignore a greeting. I am transplanted to Florida from my native New England. I go out walking around the complex where I live. When I meet someone here I always say hello or good morning. It never ceases to amaze me how many people will turn away and ignore the fact that I greeted them. How rude!! What happened to that "Southern Hospitality" I have heard about? Never encountered that behavior on a ship...........yet.
One year I was cruising with friends on a girls getaway. We were 3 middle aged ladies and we were put at a table with 5 young people who had just graduated college.We were all thinking this odd pairing is not going to work......Wrong!! These kids were fun and out going and we had a great time with them. The three boys from Boston kept late hours and seldom made it to breakfast. A lot of teasing went on between us. They were amazed to hear that I was usually up on deck having coffee by 5:00 AM. The boys were usually just getting to bed by then. One morning as I waited in line to get my coffee I could see a note taped to the offee maker. It was written on a paper cup. It said We were here waiting for you.......where were you?? the boys from table 53. I still have that note as a memento of one of the best cruises I ever took. The odd seating arrangements were great for us and we had so much fun with those kids. They also dressed up in the passenger costume party. Imagine our surprise when the three of them came strutting out on stage dressed in ladies lingerie. They were not talented in singing but they sure gave us a laugh.

Laura
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.“
---Mark Twain