CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Homicide on Board Triumph? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/374032-homicide-board-triumph.html)

hammer May 24th, 2010 12:16 PM

Homicide on Board Triumph?

Is that true? The rumor is that a stabbing, with a hair comb, occurred in room 6356. I was in room 6346. There was an emergency in that room at 4:30 am on 5/17. We did hear a loud exchange of voices, in the hall, prior to the all call alert.

IslandLover May 24th, 2010 02:23 PM

I googled it and didn't come up with anything. The following website lists cruise ship deaths and I don't see anything there either.
Cruise Bruise - Death On Cruise Ships - Murder On Cruise Ships - Suicide On Cruise Ships

john_galt May 24th, 2010 05:55 PM

I've seen some odd stuff at sea. I was on the Conquest in June of 2008 and there was fight in the dining room. Evidently, a male passenger and his female companion spent all day drinking in Cozumel. They got out of the elevator and were arguing loudly. He grabbed her by the throat and a burly passer-by decked him. I thought it was an appropriate action. The guy ran off as security was showing up. I heard they were still looking for him the next day. He left a couple of teeth behind!

firefly80 May 29th, 2010 09:29 PM

I was also on this cruise, and heard the emergency call. We heard that someone stabbed somebody, but have not been able to find any information about it on the internet, so I'm not sure what happened, but would like to know.

Ron May 29th, 2010 11:46 PM

Here in my little corner of the world, which isn't a cruise ship, we've had in the last couple of days a stabbing, a shooting, a 13 year old killed by a truck as she was WALKING across the interstate after dark in the rain ( where was mommy and daddy??) A man killed on the interstate by a semi who hit him after he got out of his disabled vehicle--unfortunately the semi didn't bother to stop,
we've had several robberies, including a bank robbery today but none of this made the national or international news nor mentioned on the net, as far as I know. It's not as sensational as something happening on a cruise ship-- just another ho-hum day in an average American city--murder, rape, robberies, etc., etc., etc.on a daily basis.
But let something happen or get a whiff that something MIGHT have happened on a ship and you see where it goes!!
;-)

Manuel May 30th, 2010 07:37 AM

I agree with with Ron. Every crime commited on a cruiseship is a world wide sensation, but if a couple of people are murdered in any city in the US, no one outside of that area hears about it.
There are many ships out there carrying tousands of people on each ship. With so many people at sea at any given time, some altercations are bound to happen.

TM

Phil&Liz May 30th, 2010 08:23 AM

There does not seem to be any mention of Triumph having a stabbing.
There are these reports:
Man Accused Of Killing Wife During Mexico Cruise - San Diego News Story - KGTV San Diego

Man Arrested In Antigua Cruise Ship Murder | Peter Greenberg Worldwide

"Roughly 6 million Americans visit the Caribbean every year with reports of violent crime few and far between. But when incidents do occur, they usually get a lot of attention."

Firefly80 and Hammer...if you could give the sailing date of the Triumph you were on perhaps a detailed police record coould be found.

Phil & Liz

Ron May 30th, 2010 12:58 PM

I guess you could stab someone with a comb. I've seen combs that have a long sharp end. Maybe they too should be banned, but then again, Ive seen ladies in spike heels that looked so sharp that they could be possibly used for stabbing someone. Then again, one could always sneak a steak knife out of the dining room--- of well, I guess if one's bent on murder, there's no end of weapons-- a comb, a spike heel, a knife from the dining room, a shoe lace or belt to strangle someone and the list is endless.
I'm getting so paranoid I almost attacked and stabbed my own shadow in the kitchen this morning !! :)

lhp May 30th, 2010 03:02 PM

Usually you will hear Operation BrightStar if someone is hurt so badly that they need medical attention.

"Stabbing" could mean anything from a scratch to a puncture wound....

firefly80 May 30th, 2010 05:07 PM

We cruised between May 15 thru May 22. I know none of the details of the incident except we heard an overhead code called in the very early morning. To be honest I was only researching to see if any such incident (the stabbing with any item) occured or if gossip travel that fast, and manifested into this horrible tragic story of someone dying. We had a great time on the Triumph, and I can not wait for our next cruise.