Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 8th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival Balcony Bookings

Well it's been a while. Wife and I have been itching to cruise again, since we got back in port on our last cruise this past July. Ailing health of an in-law prohibited us from sailing this year.
However, this is the week I will be booking a 5day for a june2011 cruise on the Elation once I decide which one. Just curious why the rates/availability for a balcony room aren't available . It seems they are never displayed for any sailings. Last time we had an Oceanview, but we may just settle for an interior and save more money to use for drinking and other activities. It seems cruise extra curricular expenses are double what the rooms are anyways, and we don't spend much time in them ( which could be good or bad )
Your thoughts? Thanx all, Glad I made it back to the best cruiser's site and fellow cruisers
Old June 8th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Familiar Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrrobb View Post
Well it's been a while. Wife and I have been itching to cruise again, since we got back in port on our last cruise this past July. Ailing health of an in-law prohibited us from sailing this year.
However, this is the week I will be booking a 5day for a june2011 cruise on the Elation once I decide which one. Just curious why the rates/availability for a balcony room aren't available . It seems they are never displayed for any sailings. Last time we had an Oceanview, but we may just settle for an interior and save more money to use for drinking and other activities. It seems cruise extra curricular expenses are double what the rooms are anyways, and we don't spend much time in them ( which could be good or bad )
Your thoughts? Thanx all, Glad I made it back to the best cruiser's site and fellow cruisers
Hmm site I use, I just checked there are like 6 dates in June and Balcony prices in the $819 range.

~ Future Cruises ~
~ None ~

~ Past Cruises ~
RCI - Vision of the Seas - 2003
RCI - Monarch of the Seas - 2004
NCL - Norwegian Sun - 2006
CCL - Paradise - 2007
CCL - Splendor - 2010
CCL - Spirit - 2011
CCL - Inspiration - 2011
Old June 8th, 2010, 04:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Oddd.. Only ones I see for the selected dates state N/A or call us.. Including the cruisline site Suites start at $819
Old June 8th, 2010, 06:58 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

Until just recently, when I booked a cruise, I was finding balcony rates for 2011...I am surprised!

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Old June 9th, 2010, 07:10 PM
Admiral

I just checked the deckplans for the Elation and there are no balcony cabins. The only cabins with balconies are the suites on the Veranda Deck. That's why there aren't any balcony prices .

Glad to have you back!

"A truly happy person is one who can enjoy the scenery on a detour."

Carnival Inspiration 2002 Carnival Elation 2004
Grand Princess 2004 NCL Sun 2005
Sun Princess 2006 NCL Dream 2007
Caribbean Princess 2007 NCL Dawn 2008
Island Princess 2008 Island Princess 2009
Golden Princess 2009 Carnival Conquest 2010
Grand Princess 2010 Island Princess 2011
Grand Princess 2011 Carnival Magic 2012
Carnival Dream 2012 Island Princess 2013
Carnival Magic 2013 Carnival Legend 2014
Old June 10th, 2010, 07:13 AM
Cruise Maniac

Thanx Fern! lol , That would explain it then.
Well I'm not paying for a Suite this time around. My wife will be just as happy with a port hole cabin, just so that we can get onboard, regardless of all the hiking we would do just to get to dinner or an activity.