Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 17th, 2010, 09:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default PUERTO VALLARTA-Private Sailing Trip or Canopy Zipline & ATV?

We are trying to decide between the following two tours and would love some input.

1) Private Sailing and Snorkeling Tour (whale watching too) ; Private Sailing and Snorkeling Charters to Los Arcos, Yelapas and Las Marietas Islands in Puerto Vallarta

2) Canopy Zipline and ATVs :
Canopy Zipline and Mule Ride Adventure Excursion in Puerto Vallarta

I really want the sailing tour but my husband is saying that maybe the snorkeling isn't that good. We have only snorkeled in the Caribbean. How does it compare?

I know most people do the zipline tours here, is that because they are better or just because its the thing to do?
Sponsored Links
Old June 17th, 2010, 10:53 AM
Administrator
Admiral

I've done both the zipline and snorkeling. I will say that the snorkeling isn't as good as many areas of the Caribbean but it's better than places like Trunk Bay.

The ziplines are fun but make sure you are in fairly good physical shape. There is a lot of walking up steep hills and uneven surfaces. We had a couple of older people drop out because they couldn't take it. However once you do the ziplines you will love them.

I, personally, would go with the ziplines-mule ride-ATV tour but if you aren't prepared or able to do some heavy walking then I would go with the sailing excursion.

Take care,
Mike

"There is a great difference between being well traveled and just having been to many places." ~Me

"Fear is the assassin of dreams." ~Me
Old June 17th, 2010, 03:59 PM
Admiral

Hubby and oldest son did an independent zipline called Los Des Vernos.
It is owned by an American. They had a blast. There are 14 runs and one goes across a river.

This was in 2006 and the cost was about $75.00 a person...you paid in cash when you arrived at the office. It cost $3 a person for the taxi from the port to their office and then then $3 a person back to the ship...

but LDV took care of the cost of the transportation to and from the actual zipline....plus there was a place to swim...etc.

If it is Carnival and it floats....we have sailed it!

Hubby ... DIAMOND (every ship except the Carnivale)
Me ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale)
20 year old son ... DIAMOND (every ship starting with the Tropicale...he is the only DOUBLE Milestone under the age of 21)
24 year old son ... DIAMOND
Old June 21st, 2010, 02:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Puerto Vallarta Zipline

Maybe we will stick to the Canopy Zipline and Mule tour and skip the ATVs, and do them in another port. Canopy Zipline and Mule Ride Adventure Excursion in Puerto Vallarta the prices are really good at $59 for adults and only $35 for kids

AHHH so many choices, we need more time in each port
Old June 24th, 2010, 10:44 AM
Cruise Maniac

Quick question, are mules( donkeys?? are they the same? ) like horses? I really don't know:-)
Old July 13th, 2010, 04:57 PM
Beginner

We were lucky to try the zipline mule adventure and I highly recommend it...The staff was very friendly and helpful, it really made all the difference.The mules were also super fun, they are sooo cute, great experience for the kids.
Old July 13th, 2010, 05:31 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Snoozeman Send a message via Yahoo to Snoozeman

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelFish View Post
Quick question, are mules( donkeys?? are they the same? ) like horses? I really don't know:-)

Want the Rancher to answer? Not the same. A mule is the offspring of a male donkey and a female horse. Neighbors say I have the finest spotted ass in the county!

My Personal Cruise Blog: My Cruise Blog

Future Cruises:
Navigator of the Seas-Caribbean-3/23/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/10/2014, Carnival Freedom-Caribbean-5/18/2014, Carnival Sunshine-Caribbean-5/30/2014, Carnival Legend-South Pacific-8/30/2014, MSC Preziosa-Mediterranean-10/25/2014, MSC Fantasia-Mediterranean-11/2/2014
Old July 21st, 2010, 11:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

;-) Thank you, I did not know you could cross the two. So they are somewhat horse-like then:-) A very interesting description, thank you
Old July 24th, 2010, 09:22 PM
Passenger

Not sure of you ATV tour BUT, beware in a country such as Mexico renting your own vehicle to sightsee. We have a 19 yr. old Canadian fellow being held hostage by the Cuban government for getting into an accident (NOT his fault) with a rented vehicle.

Be very weary of renting vehicles and venturing off on your own in any foreign country.