CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Carnival Liberty Chinese food? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/374579-carnival-liberty-chinese-food.html)

Julia2011 June 17th, 2010 02:55 PM

Carnival Liberty Chinese food?

I was just wondering if the Carnival Liberty has a Chinese food counter? I read they have excellent fish and chips and a great deli counter.

Thanks
Julia

Trip June 17th, 2010 05:14 PM

Last fall they had all of the above,and we indulged! We didn't hit the fish and chips which is upstairs, but, next cruise. I heard a rumor, not sure if it's true,that they were doing away with it...I am sure the fish fans will be sad if it's true:(

billt June 18th, 2010 12:56 AM

was on the Liberty May 8th, they had a mongolian type grill for chinese food. also a burrito bar, which was very good, and always busy.

Julia2011 June 18th, 2010 11:31 AM

Did they ever bring back the fruit punch? :)

krunch June 18th, 2010 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julia2011 (Post 1298334)
Did they ever bring back the fruit punch? :)

Yeah, the very day we got off it back in November 2008. They had NONE all week, but it was functioning and available the morning we got off.

Oh well. I still think they "Nickel and Dime" things like the fruit punch. This cruise we were on back in November 2008 happened to be "On Sale" when we booked it.

Krunch

ttam June 19th, 2010 01:07 PM

Chinese food

i love chinese food, usuall it likes me if low MSG, like the burrito bar but well------, and the fish and chips have never had them on the boat are they greasy, will try in oct on Glory. also i like early am coffee and watching the sun come up and the ones still under the " alkafluence of inchol" as a person of that condition told me,out looking for something to eat or a early bar opening.:D:D:D:rolleyes:

ttam June 19th, 2010 01:09 PM

food on the boat

my last thread was not me the one looking for the early morning bar.
sorry for the miscommunication boB:cool:

dhudd June 19th, 2010 05:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yes they do have "Mongolian Grill". It was very good. I'll attach some photos from our last cruise abord the Liberty. We hope that you will enjoy...we did!

Master Chief June 19th, 2010 09:50 PM

We found the Fish & Chips dining area on the Liberty a great place to take the Lido food on embarkation day. Nobody seems to use it and there were a lot of empty tables. Just a little hint:D

by_the_board June 22nd, 2010 08:44 AM

On our recent Liberty cruise DW and I fell in love with the Mongolian Grill. We ate there several times and it was always excellent. I discovered the bouillbaisse that they served at the Fish & Chips was quite good. The bowls are small so ask for two. The fried oysters were also quite good. The fish and oysters are fried in OIL so I don't understand why some posters complain about the food being "greasy". Fried food is fried food. It appeared that many fellow cruisers knew about Fish & Chips as there was a line but not a long wait for service.

FYI...take a tray from downstairs and carry it upstairs. There seemed to be a tray shortage at the Fish & Chips

dhudd June 22nd, 2010 01:24 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yes...I have to agree. The "Fish & Chips" bar is very good. And usually there is no line. They make the best "Deep Fried Oysters & Homemade Chips".

katlady June 22nd, 2010 02:22 PM

I'm native Californian I grew up eating Mongolian BBQ. We have some good ones out here. I will be straight with you. I was disappointed with the Mongolian Grill on board both the Carnival Freedom and the Carnival Splendor. The lines are long; the chicken and beef were not that good go with the shrimp. Also The noodles were too thin, there were no bean sprouts, water chestnuts, bamboo shoots, or straw mushrooms. The sauce also needed more flavor, plus no soy sauce available. I suggest you try it the first day as soon as you get on board when the lines aren't as long as see if you think it's worth the wait.

On Carnival Freedom I enjoyed the
bouillbaisse in the Fish and Chips. It was very good. Because Fish and chips was on deck 10 away from the lido buffet on deck 9 the lines were no bad at all.

Nobody Special June 22nd, 2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dhudd (Post 1299059)
Yes...I have to agree. The "Fish & Chips" bar is very good. And usually there is no line. They make the best "Deep Fried Oysters & Homemade Chips".

Yes they do!! :)

Julia2011 June 22nd, 2010 05:45 PM

thanks dhudd for the awesome pictures.. looks great!!! :)