CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   My trip on the Fantasy from Charleston (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/374714-my-trip-fantasy-charleston.html)

puppydogeyessc June 23rd, 2010 09:23 AM

My trip on the Fantasy from Charleston

Well my trip on the Fantasy was great! The only complaint I have --- was the heat and humidity!! ( and thats a biggy coming from me - I live in this crap in SC ) lol
The ship was awesome - the food excellent - the staff very friendly. Loved out waiter... Made. We went to Nassua and Freeport again. In Freeport we decided to go to Port Luciaya (sp) -- and head to the beach. It was a nice trip -- and we def got our fill of the sun that day. In Nassua - we did our pocketbook shopping early in the am ( 9:00 ) and I was still pouring sweat in the straw market. We took our stuff back to the boat - then went on a 2 hour tour of the island in a limmo. ( We really apprecieated the AC!) There were 6 of us - and we were charged 23 dollars a person. We saw the slum - the rich area - the college -- the queens staircase - the fort - the other little market - we went to Atlantis and walked around insdie for about 30 minutes. If anyone is interested in this tour - we got the guys card -- we will gladly give you his name - number and email. He even dropped us off at the Wyndam resort at Cable Beach. For any of you that are looking for a deal --- you can go to Wyndam on your own -- and pay 40 bucks for a day pass. That includes an AWESOME buffet!! Whereas - Carnival wants 89 bucks a person for this same thing. You can also catch the #10 bus out by the street and get a ride back to the market for 1.25 a person.

Anyway -- we are looking into going back again next year in OCT> No more summer trips for us... The pool was so crowded - it was almost standing room only.

Yes - Charleston port does need some improvement - but they are working pretty well for what they have to deal with. You actually come in thru some gates over by the aquarium - and pass thru all of the new BMW's that are coming off of ships. lol Just a word of advice though --- get there a little early - and you will be able to park in the wharehouse. If not - they have to bus you over to another parking lot. However - if you get there TOO early--- you have to wait in line in your car until they decide to start taking money for parking. Which I think is 11:30. Timing is def key.

Any other questions - I'd be glad to answer if I can.

Btw - I was able to get in some of my JD in a Coke zero bottle. No problem!! lol

BobMiller June 23rd, 2010 05:47 PM

Thanks for the trip review, glad you had a good time. I have to agree with you about cruising the Caribbean in summer. We did the Atlantis excursion in Nassau a couple of week ago. I think my burn is on it's third peel. I even kept SPF 50 slathered on.

Kimbopolo June 23rd, 2010 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMiller (Post 1299300)
I think my burn is on it's third peel.

Well said!

rofl