Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 23rd, 2010, 09:23 AM
Familiar Face

Default My trip on the Fantasy from Charleston

Well my trip on the Fantasy was great! The only complaint I have --- was the heat and humidity!! ( and thats a biggy coming from me - I live in this crap in SC ) lol
The ship was awesome - the food excellent - the staff very friendly. Loved out waiter... Made. We went to Nassua and Freeport again. In Freeport we decided to go to Port Luciaya (sp) -- and head to the beach. It was a nice trip -- and we def got our fill of the sun that day. In Nassua - we did our pocketbook shopping early in the am ( 9:00 ) and I was still pouring sweat in the straw market. We took our stuff back to the boat - then went on a 2 hour tour of the island in a limmo. ( We really apprecieated the AC!) There were 6 of us - and we were charged 23 dollars a person. We saw the slum - the rich area - the college -- the queens staircase - the fort - the other little market - we went to Atlantis and walked around insdie for about 30 minutes. If anyone is interested in this tour - we got the guys card -- we will gladly give you his name - number and email. He even dropped us off at the Wyndam resort at Cable Beach. For any of you that are looking for a deal --- you can go to Wyndam on your own -- and pay 40 bucks for a day pass. That includes an AWESOME buffet!! Whereas - Carnival wants 89 bucks a person for this same thing. You can also catch the #10 bus out by the street and get a ride back to the market for 1.25 a person.

Anyway -- we are looking into going back again next year in OCT> No more summer trips for us... The pool was so crowded - it was almost standing room only.

Yes - Charleston port does need some improvement - but they are working pretty well for what they have to deal with. You actually come in thru some gates over by the aquarium - and pass thru all of the new BMW's that are coming off of ships. lol Just a word of advice though --- get there a little early - and you will be able to park in the wharehouse. If not - they have to bus you over to another parking lot. However - if you get there TOO early--- you have to wait in line in your car until they decide to start taking money for parking. Which I think is 11:30. Timing is def key.

Any other questions - I'd be glad to answer if I can.

Btw - I was able to get in some of my JD in a Coke zero bottle. No problem!! lol
Sponsored Links
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:47 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the trip review, glad you had a good time. I have to agree with you about cruising the Caribbean in summer. We did the Atlantis excursion in Nassau a couple of week ago. I think my burn is on it's third peel. I even kept SPF 50 slathered on.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old June 23rd, 2010, 08:04 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobMiller View Post