Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 24th, 2010, 03:37 PM
Passenger

Default Balcony Cabin on the Conquest

Taking a cruise in September and looking for a good balcony cabin room for my girlfriend and I. I have never stayed in a Balcony Cabin before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:15 PM
First Mate

Don't forget the binoculars!
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:27 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to Trip

You can order room service to be sent up, for breakfast...and have the steward set it up on your balcony,and also do the same, for a romantic dinner for just the two of you, as you sail to your next port of call..I am sure you can arrange for dinner, from one of the dining rooms...

Trip, with her book & tea!
Chat Hostess & Board Moderator

Last edited by Trip; June 24th, 2010 at 04:39 PM.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Familiar Face

Red face

We have had a balcony on the Conquest before and absolutely loved it. There are several things to consider, are you wanting to be close to all the activities. If so, you might want a balcony on the lido or panorama decks, it is a higher category cabin and will cost you more. If you are wanting a quiet deck, consider the empress deck. If you want to save money than go with a balcony on the upper deck which mostly consists of category 8A balconies. We are booked on the Conquest for November and we have an aft extended balcony on the verandah deck, my husband wants to be able to look both ways and watch the wake from our balcony. The best thing about the balconies on the Conquest is that you won't have any obstructed views because the lifeboats are on deck 4 the atlantic deck.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:36 PM
Passenger

thank you so much for that idea, this is the first cabin I will have with a balcony, we love grillin and sittin outside on ours at home and we both love the water, so I just booked it and we on the back in 6454. just wondering if anyone has been in that cabin can tell me something about it. They said it was for 4 people so it should be alittle biggeer than usual.
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowcajun View Post
Taking a cruise in September and looking for a good balcony cabin room for my girlfriend and I. I have never stayed in a Balcony Cabin before. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you
As far as location goes the way I see it any balcony is a good place to be. lol some might be different..

Some things to look out for it what is a deck above you...like say if they have the lido outdoor deck above..or the gym...things like that some people do not like because of noise.

As far as motion goes...they say the best place to be is in the middle, but on these size of ships i find it not to matter to much anymore.

Any other questions feel free to ask more!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 24th, 2010, 04:43 PM
Passenger

Quote:
thank you so much for that idea, this is the first cabin I will have with a balcony, we love grillin and sittin outside on ours at home and we both love the water, so I just booked it and we on the back in 6454. just wondering if anyone has been in that cabin can tell me something about it. They said it was for 4 people so it should be alittle biggeer than usual.
Ur gonna love being aft!! welcome to the aft balcony club...the room will be the same size but you are gonna love the balcony and the views.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 24th, 2010, 05:57 PM
First Mate

Quote:
I just booked it and we on the back in 6454. just wondering if anyone has been in that cabin can tell me something about it. They said it was for 4 people so it should be a little bigger than usual.
They don't make the cabins bigger for more people, they just find a way to stick in some extra beds. In 6454 the couch can be folded out into a bed. Some of the other cabins have one or two bunk beds that fold down out of the wall or pull down from the ceiling. I have seen rooms on the Imagination where a mattress pulls out from underneath one of the twin beds.

Enjoy your aft balcony, let us know how you like it. I have not tried one of the Afts yet. Mostly because Carnival discovered most of the "Secret Cabins" and charges more for them now.

2012 Carnival Destiny
2011 Carnival Splendor
2011 Carnival Pride
2010 Carnival Legend (w/ Hurricane Paula)
2010 Carnival Imagination
2009 Carnival Valor
2008 Carnival Freedom
2008 Carnival Facination
2007 Carnival Triumph
2006 Carnival Miracle
2005 Carnival Victory
2002 Carnival Imagination
Old June 25th, 2010, 11:53 AM
Passenger

awesome and thank you all for the info, I am way looking forward to it and I will leave a post about it when I get back for sure.