Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 25th, 2010, 01:46 PM
Passenger

Default has anyone driven from NJ area to port in Charleston SC to go on cruise??

I was looking at the Fantasy carnival for August 14th and since there arent many carnival cruises coming out of NY I though maybe we could drive to Charleston and then take our cruise. Is this out of the ordinary or have you dont something like this before. Also how much is parking daily.
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
Familiar Face

Wow - that would be a good little ride!! I would advise staying in Charleston the day that you get off the boat to get a full days rest before driving back... I say that b/c the day we get off the boat -- I always feel drained! I am just thankful I only live 1hr 1/2 away from Charleston.

That said --- I just went on my Fatasny trip 2 weeks ago. Parking was 75 bucks for Friday - Wed. If you have the time and money --- lots of hotels in Charleston do the park and cruise. You stay at their hotel - they let you keep your car parked at their hotel and take you to the port.
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:13 PM
Admiral

we are set to cruise next year from Charleston and live in Fl. We have decided to drive up the day before and then we want to stay a couple of days after, since we have never been to Charleston.

I know that there are hotels/motels in the area where if you stay the night before you can leave your car there (at no extra cost) while on the cruise. some but not all of them have a shuttle to and from the port. and it is possible to get a place for same or less than the cost of parking at the pier. I beleive the cost at the pier is $15 a day. And from reading on other sites it is a bit comfusing in driving/parking there. You can't walk to/from the lot to the dock you have to use the peir shuttle, drop you luggage in one palce then drive to another place for actual check-in.

this site can help: Charleston Cruises 2010 & Charleston Cruise Deals For Port of Charleston Cruises | Charleston Area CVB
it has a lot more than just cruise info

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old June 27th, 2010, 08:36 AM
Passenger

thanks so much ladies for the great information!!! Wow thats a great idea to get a room day before and be able to park & get the shuttle. I have to tell that to my DH Im sure that will convince him to book the cruise. lol.