Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 26th, 2010, 09:38 AM
Admiral

Default Miami Check In for Liberty ???'s

it dawned on me this morning, that I have not cruised out of Miami on a Carnival Ship since the late 80's (hard to believe) and I am sure the facilities have been changed or upgraded..the good news is that since the Liberty is a full charter, it could be somewhat different for my October jazz cruise

however, if it is handled as a normal process, can someone walk me thru the physical check in process (is the check in done by deck, last name, repeat cruising status etc) and how the Carnival terminal is set up

the reason why i ask is that i am going with several friends who have never cruised before and will be flying in the day of the cruise (much against my advise since i will be there a day early) and I will probably not see them until they are onboard and i want to be able to explain to them the process (visualization) because it can be overwhelming if you are not with someone who has done it before...they will do their online check in before they leave on their red eye flight

thxs
Sponsored Links
Old June 26th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Passenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by venice View Post
it dawned on me this morning, that I have not cruised out of Miami on a Carnival Ship since the late 80's (hard to believe) and I am sure the facilities have been changed or upgraded..the good news is that since the Liberty is a full charter, it could be somewhat different for my October jazz cruise

however, if it is handled as a normal process, can someone walk me thru the physical check in process (is the check in done by deck, last name, repeat cruising status etc) and how the Carnival terminal is set up

the reason why i ask is that i am going with several friends who have never cruised before and will be flying in the day of the cruise (much against my advise since i will be there a day early) and I will probably not see them until they are onboard and i want to be able to explain to them the process (visualization) because it can be overwhelming if you are not with someone who has done it before...they will do their online check in before they leave on their red eye flight

thxs
They will go with first come first served. When you arrive you will walk into the building and go thru the security check...Then you can just go up the stairs and get in line...you will check in, set up your sail and sign cards, and they will most likely hand you a "zone" number. that will be the order they call you onboard.

Then just hang out and wait...I normally get to the Mia pier around 10 to 10:30 just to be the first on and miss the lines.

here is a lil visual,

Read and post cruise reviews
Old June 26th, 2010, 01:00 PM
Admiral

thanks so much..a picture is worth a 1000 words..just like the airport, they will be fine

they will probably have a separate check in line for the jazz musicians..I can pretend to be Will Downing and check in for a suite
Old June 26th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to dhudd

Yes... we always try to get there early too, otherwise very long lines. Make sure that you and your friends have all of their paperwork & documents completed ahead of time, (Funpass & Passport & I D), ( you can do everything on line now). Otherwise it will hold up the line. Also if you are going to any of the "British V. I.'s make sure that you have your customs forms completed ahead of time. Nice photo of the cruise terminal... I took a photo there and they Threatened to take my camera. They said that this terminal is a "Security Area"? I've attached some photos for you to look at & some places to wait for your friends while on board, (the Atrium Main Bar).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PC040030.jpg (89.7 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg PC040190.jpg (39.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg PC040033.jpg (96.3 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg PC040189.jpg (46.4 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg PC040034.jpg (97.7 KB, 11 views)

MS Carnival Spirit 10/2006
MS Carnival Victory 12/2005
MS Star Princess 12/2002
MS Carnival Victory 12/2000
USS Bristol County, LST 1198, 1980-1982
USS Turner Joy, DD951, 1973-1978
Old June 26th, 2010, 06:04 PM
Admiral

venice, when we went on the Valor last Oct Carnival had the check-in kiosks inplace but were not using them yet but they may be now. it is supposed to go faster using them. of course you do have to have a scanable passport to use them. but everything else the others said is true, you do get a zone number for actual boarding and if you are there early enough or late enough there should not be any problem boarding.

Guadeloupe Accommodations

Star Princess 2005, Sun Princess 2005
Caribbean Princess 2006, MSC Lirica 2006 , NCL Pearl 2007, Majesty of the Seas 2008, Carnival Destiny 2008, MSC Lirica 2009, Carnival Valor 2009,Carnival Legend 2010, Carnival Liberty 2010,Carnival Fantsay 2011,Carnival Valor Feb 2012, MSC Poesia Dec 2012, MSC Poesia April 2013, Carnival Legend Nov 2013, MSC DIVINA Jan 2014
Old June 27th, 2010, 01:58 AM
Passenger

We were on the Liberty 2 weeks ago and the terminal is so well-run that check in was a breeze. The only hold up we had to endure was waiting several minutes before we could go up on the escalator because they were so backed up by the photographers at the top of it that were taking the first of their dozens and dozens of pictures.

We made up our minds long ago to just blow on by every photographer we saw (except the first formal night).
Old June 28th, 2010, 01:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

DW and I arrived @ 11:30 and were eating lunch at Emile's @ 12:30. The smoothest and easiest boarding that I have ever experienced. The photographers are the major hold up. I bypass them as fast as I can walk.
The only other holdup is passengers who have to dig through everything they are carrying in order to find their ID, Passport and Funpass.

p.s. you are required to fill out a health form.
Celebrity Century, 1996, Eastern Caribbean
Carnival Destiny, 2001, Dutch Treat
RCCL Monarch of the Seas, 2003, Western Caribbean
Carnival Legend, 2004, Exotic S. Caribbean
Carnival Liberty, 2010, Exotic Eastern Caribbean
Old June 28th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Admiral

I plan on having conference calls with them 1 month, 1 week, 1 day before they leave LAX to make sure they have everything...still working on having them come in the day before (there is a big friday night party so that may be their incentive)

thanks everyone for the info