CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   question on bahamas/turk caicos cruise on Fantasy (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/374817-question-bahamas-turk-caicos-cruise-fantasy.html)

Ginger9708 June 27th, 2010 07:26 PM

question on bahamas/turk caicos cruise on Fantasy

Has anyone taken this cruise. I would like to know if the beach is right there off the ship or you have to take another transportation to get to the beach. the itinarary is the following
Grand Turk, Turks And Caicos 07:00 AM 02:00 PM
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 09:00 AM 05:00 PM
Thursday, August 19, 2010 Nassau, Bahamas

ScurvyDog June 27th, 2010 08:08 PM

Beach and MargaritaVille right at end of dock. No Taxi

Tender port. Beach is right there when you get off the free tender. No taxi

Margaritaville and shopping at dock. Taxi or excursion to beach.

T C June 27th, 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ScurvyDog (Post 1300026)
Beach and MargaritaVille right at end of dock. No Taxi

Tender port. Beach is right there when you get off the free tender. No taxi

Margaritaville and shopping at dock. Taxi or excursion to beach.

HHHHUUMMMMMMMM :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sounds like someone is a member in good standing of Margaritaville :p:p:p

ScurvyDog June 27th, 2010 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T C (Post 1300047)
HHHHUUMMMMMMMM :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Sounds like someone is a member in good standing of Margaritaville :p:p:p

Actually I was in error. It is Senor Frogs I was thinking of in Nassau.

sam&kerifrady June 28th, 2010 12:33 AM

This Cruise

My husband and I are looking at this cruise and were wondering how it is...anyone have any comments please?! :) Thanks!

Ginger9708 June 28th, 2010 08:41 AM

thanks so much ScurvyDog that sounds great. I think two beach days without any hassle is wonderful!!

granny of the seas June 28th, 2010 09:24 AM

We did this itinerary last summer. In Nassau, we did the Castaway Cay Stingray Encounter through the ship excursion. Had been to Nassau 7 times before, but never knew about this. You only walk into the water with the stingrays. It was perfect for us and out grandchildren. Beautiful beach and it included lunch. You can just go there and not do the stingrays but spend time on the beach. Plenty of shade trees and calm water swimming. A wonderful day and I would highly recommend this excursion.

sam&kerifrady June 28th, 2010 01:21 PM

Thanks! We have been to nassai before too and thought about doing the dolphin encounter at atlantis...we didn't go to atlantis last time & regretted it! How are grand turk and half moon?

granny of the seas June 28th, 2010 05:06 PM

We loved Half Moon Cay. The best beach we have ever been to. We did rent a cabana for the day as we were 4 adults and 2 children. Worth every penny as it was very hot there. We booked the cabana at the Excursion Desk the minute it opened. There are only a limited number of cabanas, so you have to book one immediately upon boarding the ship. At Grand Turk, we spent the day at the Margarativille pool. In Nassau, we did the dolphin encounter two times on our own. We went to the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter and really enjoyed it. Never did Atlantis. Hope this helps with your plans.

Leyla from Long Island

sam&kerifrady June 29th, 2010 11:29 AM

Thank You so much Granny of the seas!!

Snoozeman June 29th, 2010 12:33 PM

Don't care for the Senor Frogs in Nassau. I have given them two chances and won't give them a third.:roll:

Invictus June 29th, 2010 08:34 PM

I agree with Snoozeman! Senor Frogs at Nassau has management issues and I will not give them any more of my money!