CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Should I Valet Park in Port Canaveral? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/374855-should-i-valet-park-port-canaveral.html)

Florida Girl June 29th, 2010 11:18 AM

Should I Valet Park in Port Canaveral?

Hello All - I normally cruise out of Tampa and find the Valet Parking well worth the extra cost because the loooooong walk to the parking garage.

This time I'm sailing out of Port Canaveral and would like your opinion on parking. I will be traveling with a 5 year old, several other able bodied adults and one older woman who is a little on the heavy side.

To valet or not valet? THANKS! :-D

Cruznut2 June 29th, 2010 12:48 PM

The parking garage at Tampa is right across the street from the terminal unless they changed it recently.

Laura

Mike M June 29th, 2010 12:58 PM

I've never used valet parking at any cruise terminal but it all comes down to cost vs. convenience. If the convenience is worth it for you then, by all means, do it.

I almost always use on site parking at airports. I pay about $4 more per day but it is worth it to just walk out of the terminal and onto the ramp and to my car. I hate waiting for the shuttle and being drove two miles away and then finding my car.

Take care,
Mike

dfhawk60 June 29th, 2010 02:48 PM

if memory serves, parking is right across the street. you drive till the end, make a left u-turn drop off your luggage and guest, drive about 150 feet make a left into the garage, park and your done.

Ron June 29th, 2010 09:38 PM

The parking is just across the street at Port Canaveral--closer than the parking at Tampa. Unless you have someone who is disabled or for some reason can't walk a couple hundred yards or so I would save the money and park and walk across.
What I do is instead of driving around and dropping the luggage off, then having to circle back around and park and walk back, I just go directly to the garage, park, roll my luggage down, give to a porter along with a $5 or so and merrily go on my way.
It's close enough to easily walk: if you have a good throwing arm, you could
probably hit the ship with a rock from the garage. ;-)

skymaster June 30th, 2010 07:58 AM

Ron is right, that's what I usually do also. As a matter of fact though,,,I don't think I've ever seen valet parking offered at Port Canaveral! Maybe I just never noticed it, but Tampa is about the only port where I've seen that offered!

"SKY"

Florida Girl June 30th, 2010 11:21 AM

Thanks for the feedback! Sailing tomorrow. Whoo Hoo! :-P

skymaster June 30th, 2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florida Girl (Post 1300558)
Thanks for the feedback! Sailing tomorrow. Whoo Hoo! :-P

Lucky girl! Tell you what. If you take me along, I'll park your car for you, and carry your luggage to the porter! 8-) No extra charge! :)
Seriously, have a GREAT cruise.

"SKY"